Belarus

i’m off to minsk on friday. it’s another load of humanitarian aid.
so, i’m off to the embassy to get my visa. but are there any tolls or payments at the border?
i’ve been told i have a contact at the lithuanian/belarus border, so i have to go all the way up there, instead of going straight from poland.
it sounds prety good having to meet a contact at the border, i think i’ll call him red fox, just like the cold war days. :laughing:

Red Fox operates at the Latvian/Belarus border. You’ll be looking for Blue Moon. :wink:

I am don t know,if you bring humanitarian items.may be not.but normally if car driver or lorry drivers go to belaruss must pay for some incurance(not verry big money about 20 dollars).and very strong custums staff.

If you wont information advance -i am think you ask at ambasador.will be correct information

it is humanitarian aid.

I am born in latvia.live near latvian-belarus board.(last 6 years here in England).how many i am hear Belaruss taked some incurance and some road tax.may be from you dont take any money.you goin to Belaruss from Lithuania or from Poland?

Andrejs:
I am born in latvia.live near latvian-belarus board.(last 6 years here in England).how many i am hear Belaruss taked some incurance and some road tax.may be from you dont take any money.you goin to Belaruss from Lithuania or from Poland?

going from lithuania, as that is where my contact will be.

about all tax you try contact to bellaruss ambassador in London.will be full information.Address: 6 Kensington Court, London W8 5DL
Tel.: + 44 (0)20-7937 32 88
Fax: + 44 (0)20-7361-0005
E-mail: uk@belembassy.org

limeyphil:

Coffeeholic:
Red Fox operates at the Latvian/Belarus border. You’ll be looking for Blue Moon. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As the mist rolled across the monochrome cityscape the limey looking man in the panama hat and trench coat approached the stranger. He offered the man, wearing the red rose in his lapel and clutching todays edition of Pravda, a cigarette. “The wind is from the west tonight” he said as he gestured the silver cigarette case toward the stranger who replied “yes but the geese seem to fly north in winter” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

From Lithuania capital ctiy(Vilnius) to Minsk about 160 miles.I am not been in Minsk,but people who was ,said who very nice city.road in belaruss as well in good condition.if you taked cash money for selg,much better exchange british pound to USA dollars(Euro not very good).before Lithuania you drive lorry via all country or by ferry■■?

i’m going from heysham, uk. then dover-calais p&o. then all the way to sunny lithuania.
well i hope it’s sunny, i’ve got quite used to hot weather lately.

temperature now about 25.some time about +30.

There is a toll at dartford…about £4… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dont forget…no credit cards…

Just been there a few weeks ago. Q in is huge n prepare for the abuse I’ll get from people in the q. If u don’t have a British u need to buy health insurance at the boarder. This cost ne 2.50 e. Your contact should take care of all the for sloths for you n the wait fir us was about 10hrs.

Police are red hot on drink driving, especially in the mornings as you pull out of the Minsk Motel, the limit is zero.

Harry Monk:
Police are red hot on drink driving, especially in the mornings as you pull out of the Minsk Motel, the limit is zero.

that’s ok. i’m a good boy. :wink: :laughing:
thanks for that. :wink:

any idea how much the road tax/vignette is?

billybigrig:

limeyphil:

Coffeeholic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As the mist rolled across the monochrome cityscape the limey looking man in the panama hat and trench coat approached the stranger. He offered the man, wearing the red rose in his lapel and clutching todays edition of Pravda, a cigarette. “The wind is from the west tonight” he said as he gestured the silver cigarette case toward the stranger who replied “yes but the geese seem to fly north in winter” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: