Being spied on!(tracker)

After i finnished my shift last fri ,supervisior asked me if he could have a word in office! :unamused:

He then asked me if i had stopped in a supermarket ! For 10 mins on way back to yard… :unamused:

Ive been watching you on the tracker ! :unamused: :unamused: Why ask when you already know the answer? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

So gave the union a call and explained whats going on,they have informed me the tracker is only to be used for the safety and security of the driver,and can,t be used to monitor drivers either :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Let all the other drivers know the supervisor,s watching over us like big brother! There,s going to be a drivers meeting soon so will bring it up! :laughing: :laughing: until then have told sup ,any complaint against me has to be in writing…little hitler. :frowning: :frowning:

Didnt you need a weewee :wink:

maestegboy:
After i finnished my shift last fri ,supervisior asked me if he could have a word in office! :unamused:

He then asked me if i had stopped in a supermarket ! For 10 mins on way back to yard… :unamused:

Ive been watching you on the tracker ! :unamused: :unamused: Why ask when you already know the answer? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

So gave the union a call and explained whats going on,they have informed me the tracker is only to be used for the safety and security of the driver,and can,t be used to monitor drivers either :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Let all the other drivers know the supervisor,s watching over us like big brother! There,s going to be a drivers meeting soon so will bring it up! :laughing: :laughing: until then have told sup ,any complaint against me has to be in writing…little hitler. :frowning: :frowning:

so did he actually complain or just ask if you had stopped ■■

Unless your union has a specific agreement with your company over how the tracker will be used, they are talking crap.

A tracking system is just another tool for monitoring the performance and efficiency of your resources. Yes, it does aid safety and security but that is not its sole function.

Twice in the past couple of weeks I have caught drivers tossing the job off via the tracker.

Our tracking system was recently linked to a 42" screen in the office so everybody could see the dots moving around.

After driving around for 6 months with a tracker, I wondered why my boss kept phoning me to find out where I was.
Turned out that the tracker for some reason was removed at its previous depot, and was never refitted. According to the tracking system, I had been parked up in Peterlee for a year.
Then when I switched wagons, I found that the wire to the tracker had been cut. Apparently it hadn’t worked for a couple of years. The previous driver was well known for Skiving. Well, he wasn’t until I started there. Managed to do his runs in half the time.