Behaviour of a bulk tipper

followed a bulk tipper coming from mansfield all the way to the a1 at newark this afternoon and he did 27mph all the way to the A1, drifted over the white line more times than i care to remember even when traffic was coming then went the opposite and went really over to the verge, did this all they way to newark and he kept constantly tapping his brakes ever 3 seconds for about 1 second each time even though he was only doing 27mph and no one was infront just me and 23 vehicles behind him and anybody that knows that road wil know overtaking in a truck is limited, and i was nervous at even trying it with his lack of apparant road control. so i followed him i had no choice, his top cover wasnt secured every so often if the wind was enough it would flip it up and back down again, the cover was mounted on a frame.

we then what seemed like 3 hours later get to the newark mcdonalds roundabout and the bulk tipper then forces a stobart truck already on the roundabout to mount the roundabout and come to a complete stop and the tipper carries on oblivious, he went a1 s/b same as me and trundled along at 47 mph and finally got to over take him.

was he paid by the hour and taking the ■■■■??

was he paid by the hour and taking the ■■■■??

maybe he had been paid for the hours and was ■■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley:

Thought - what is 27 MPH in KPH ? -
I’m thinking he could not see the speedo properly especially IF under the influence of something

ROG:
Thought - what is 27 MPH in KPH ?

It’s about 45 zb kmh Rog.I’d have let him off the drink driving charge but banned the zb for life for dangerous driving and driving without consideration for other road users. :imp: :laughing:

Moan when tippers go too fast, moan when they go too slow.

Theres no bloody pleasing some people! :laughing:

coudnt you pass him on the d/c stretch of the 617 not long before bilsthorpe, id of thought even if he got a start on you at prev r/o youd of easily caught him before end if he was doing 27 mph [or did he do 56 mph down d/c :wink: ].i do 50 mph down d/c and any trucks pass me before end of d/c even if i get a start on them.
or you could of whipped round him as he slowed to see if anything was comming over kelham bridge :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

He might’ve meant the A6075 or even the A60 and A57.

Either way, not sure that kind of trick’s such a good idea at kelham bridge :open_mouth:

darkseeker:
He might’ve meant the A6075 or even the A60 and A57.

Either way, not sure that kind of trick’s such a good idea at kelham bridge :open_mouth:

no i mean the 617, and i caught him up at the last set of lights on the dual, was haulin too heavy to over take him but figured he was a tipper he would soon jump to warp 9 on reaching the crest of the hill, but no :angry: he didnt.

ady1:
or you could of whipped round him as he slowed to see if anything was comming over kelham bridge

was tempting but i’d run out of t-cut so wouldnt of been able to buff out the scratch marks down the side of the truck :laughing: :laughing:

27 MPH, He not a proper tipper driver!!! Probably had the PTO still in & trying to work out why He couldnt get into High Range :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It sounds like this vehicle had been stolen by a crack suit clad 12 year old, no self respecting tipper driver ever drives slowly, flat out everywhere it’s practically the law.