Bee's transport

I worked at bees hinckley for many years in the 70’s and 80’s it amazes me considering how many of us there was I didn’t keep falling over them in the years after the management succeeded in bankrupting us anyone out there who worked with me please contact me

They had a depot in Morley Leeds . Housing estate now.

has any one got any info/pics on bee’s transport,i think they were dark blue,also how long have they been gone :question:

I remember Bees transport, from Hinckley Leic’. There’s a pic of one of their DAF 2800s on the leic bygones thread.
Also in the stable yard behind where i live is one of there old van bodies. They used to do a lot of parcel C & Ds. When i find the pic i’ll post it…

Is this the one Gunner posted originaly by Rich12 on the Leicester Bygones as you said.

That’s the one stanfield mate…

GAZ70:
has any one got any info/pics on bee’s transport,i think they were dark blue,also how long have they been gone :question:

They finished about the early 90s, had been going years, they used to have AEC mercury 4 wheelers, i can remember their scania 80s and 81 4 wheelers then the 82s…
There’s still one of their old van bodies in a field right beside the A5 at the Hinkley dodwells ind est island…

Sorry no pics but i worked for them in the early 80s out of the Feltham depot. Armadale road off ■■■■■ lane.
4 wheeler work mainly Scania 80s, that were trunked down from Leeds,Johnstone or Hinkley . . or the occasional Salford van hire 2100 :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the info lads.

Bee’s used to deliver and collect from all the same firms as I did(Ripponen & District Motors) round Manchester in the 60s & 70s.There is a good photo of a restored AEC on the Flickr website,just search for"bees transport"
Cheers,John.

Hi GAZ70,
Truckers daughter did a Bees thread a few years ago, got some great pics on it plus a Bees magazine with all the info about them on it. Just type in Bees transport into google images and follow the link from there…