BEES TRANSPORT

hi danny-mk2, what was your father called? I worked has a driver at morley from 1979 until they closed, which was in dec 1989 doing mainly the Blackburn run. I can probably name most of the drivers and fitters and some office staff too, the driver who set up on his own I presume from memory was steve bingham, who also had his dad working there. would be interested to here from you. Itwas probably the most enjoyable job ive ever had, and I am now 62.

grittermanwife:
hi danny-mk2, what was your father called? I worked has a driver at morley from 1979 until they closed, which was in dec 1989 doing mainly the Blackburn run. I can probably name most of the drivers and fitters and some office staff too, the driver who set up on his own I presume from memory was steve bingham, who also had his dad working there. would be interested to here from you. Itwas probably the most enjoyable job ive ever had, and I am now 62.

Just seen this post from 2015 [emoji51] Are you still out there Grittermanwife ?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Has anyone got photos of Bees Transport Trucks/Wagons. There head office was in Hinckley and had a base in Paisley/Linwood Scotland. Many Thanks

hi truckersdaughter welcome to t/n, the person who might be able to help you is truckerash, he has a thread running on old time lorries forum, called 80’s trucking (i think) ash has had problems with his computer but hopefully should be sorted soon the, ash has some prety good pictures of 80’s trucks so he might be able to help…pete

truckersdaughter:
Has anyone got photos of Bees Transport Trucks/Wagons. There head office was in Hinckley and had a base in Paisley/Linwood Scotland. Many Thanks

i rememeber this company they used to be everywhere around leicestershire at the time they was in buisness used to see there trucks in london a lot aswell

They used to have a depot on North Feltham trading estate.

i remember them blue scanny 92,s with boxvan bodies

Dad used to work for Bees at Morley , Current boss has some pics of Bees at Hinkley and a flyer i will try and borrow them to scan in computer :slight_smile:

Many Thanks Danny. My Dad also worked with Bees. I look forward to seeing the photos

Asked him today and he is going to have a look for them so i can scan them, might be a little while due to time of year were too busy !!!

Thank you once again. I spoke to my dad and he is looking forward to seeing them too.

Wasn’t it Bees night trunkers that stay’ed at the Arnos cafe on the NCR opposite where I worked in the 80’s?

Lance Thorpe was the Depot Manger of the Linwood Base. Anyone know of him or his where abouts?

Managed to get hold of the brochure there is a few good pics in there, will try and get them scanned in for weekend :smiley:

Last I heard he was in thailand before that leicester, he had connections around leicester,

I had heard that he was back from thailand and living in the northeast of england somewhere.

I’d like to see some of the old photos too! My dad worked for Bees - I’m assuming sometime in the late 60s. I think he drove Dodges and Atkinsons.

I have fond memories of Bees when my dad worked there, getting to go out on deliveries, playing about on the loading bay, generally annoying everyone a typical little tomboy. I also did work experience in the offices when I was 15.

Try Nightfreight at Washington they might know where he is.

:slight_smile: Come on, Danny - we’re all waiting patiently here for your pic’s… :laughing: :laughing:

Here’s a longshot for you, Truckersdaughter :

I’ve just noticed in a back issue I was reading (Classic & Vintage Commercials magazine, November 2006 on the cover, page49) a picture of a newly restored AEC Boxvan in BEES’ TRANSPORT livery. :sunglasses:
So there is at least one on the Rally scene.
The accompanying blurb says it is owned by a certain Roger Flavell (of HINCKLEY) so the vehicle has ‘come home’ as it were. The registration plate is VNR 745, by the way.

Sorry, but I don’t know how to get a magazine photo onto here - but maybe someone else who reads this and has a copy of that particular back issue will.

Now where’s that Hinckley area phonebook??..Hmmmm, Flavell,R…

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink: