Been made redundant

Was told on Friday that the company i work for had gone into liquidation.
And was making us all redundant.
What a lovely xmas present.
Mark

Sorry to hear that, especially this time of the year. Which is the firm?

Oh mate so sorry, you’re right what s****y time of year, bet your boss is ok though :cry:

Happened to me years ago, we had all been working like mad to help the company stay in business (it was a fairly small company) and hadn’t been paid for 3 weeks when in the first week of December the company shut down, we only got a portion of what we were owed…in March!!!, the boss however, well he had a nice xmas and a new car in the Feb :angry:

Bad ■■■■ man you better get in touch with the agency i,m sure they will keep yo going for a couple of weeks until after new year you never know they might have you something after that.

I got the sack from a job a week before i got married for breaking a leaf spring and poor loading on my behalf.

Sorry to hear about that Mark.
A few years ago it happened to me. Small family firm based near Cheltenham (I lived in Nottingham). Anyway got told Friday night and asked as a favour to take the motor back Saturday am as that was the last day of the month and he wanted to get the tax disc in the post. Did that and they ran me home in the car.
So far so good but the week’s pay I got in lieu was taxed and shouldn’t have been. Taxman said the firm said it wasn’t in lieu, I had worked the time, therefore taxable.
Didn’t remember till it was too late that taking the motor back to cash the tax disc proved when I had finished!
Salut, David.

jammymutt:
I got the sack from a job a week before i got married for breaking a leaf spring and poor loading on my behalf.

Bloody hell, that’s a bit harsh. I bet the same bloke is now one of the loudest voices in the “there aren’t any drivers out there” movement. I wonder why that is?