Been advised....

Taking my class 2 next week after 8 years of driving 7.5t. A friend told me yesterday if I pass to get straight back in and take my class 1. Obviously either way I won’t have the 2 years experience mist firms look for on either license. I just want a full time job but it looks like I gotta take what shifts I get thrown my way so I won’t be actually be getting steady work. Am I best to get two years on my class 2 before taking class 1? Misses is very supportive but doesn’t really want me doin nights as she works days. Can I make a decent living whilst gaining my two years experience

Personal opinion, and not based on fact, but I did my C then C+E without getting any experience inbetween.
If you’re offered only C work then no problem. You can do it. If you get offered C+E work. Still no problem, if you’ve got the license…
And should you get a job somewhere that does both, they might offer you C+E work if they’re short a driver.

The CE 2 year clock will start ticking the moment you get it on your licence

I did passed both tests inside four weeks.
If you go for a job anywhere (even class 2) you will be taken more seriously if you have your class 1.
Besides, get it before you pick up any bad habits.

When I passed my CE it opened a lot more doors people would offer me work

There are some companies that only run CE so if you have it you can look at these

I didnt have 2 year experience when offered full time work driving CE

I only passed my Cat C and Cat CE in August and September last year. I’ve been driving Class 1 full time since October and next week I’ll be starting my second full time Class 1 driving job working directly for one of the supermarkets.

Chin up, have a positive attitude and put yourself out there bud!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I will try and follow up my class2 with my class1 if I can.

Widdowson transport were after 20 drivers and take on newbies.
Kinights of Old at Kettering take on newbies and train you up for other licences.
Robert Wiseman the same.

passed my class2 today. does anyone know of any decent companies to try for work in the somerset area?

Massey Wilcox.
Peter Green.
Matthew Clarke.
Framptons.
Paul Smart.
South West Vans class 2 work.
Wrings.
IJ MGill.
Prompt ltd.
Richard Tovey.
Centaur vetinary products.
Ross Garrett.
A J Heritage.
Hardings Furniture.
Lulu’s cafe Priors Court Farm Beckington.European catering and concert caterers.And sports events over Europe.

Massinis:
passed my class2 today.

:smiley: :smiley:

Just took class2 job and am booked in for my class1 on Monday week. They offered me £8.75 and after 3 months £9.45. I didn’t think it was great but I got no experience driving class2 so I thought its the right thing to do and accept it. End of the day it’s all experience which hopefully long term will pay off

Massinis:
Just took class2 job and am booked in for my class1 on Monday week. They offered me £8.75 and after 3 months £9.45. I didn’t think it was great but I got no experience driving class2 so I thought its the right thing to do and accept it. End of the day it’s all experience which hopefully long term will pay off

Alright mate i am from Taunton, Somerset. Cani ask who you trained with?

taunton driver training.
they used to be based in taunton but when the test station closed they moved to bridgwater and the test station is at their yard. lovely friendly people

I have none of the licences yet!!. However can I just say how nice it is for once on this thread that everyone is being positive to new drivers.

Massinis:
taunton driver training.
they used to be based in taunton but when the test station closed they moved to bridgwater and the test station is at their yard. lovely friendly people

Yeah that’s who I’m prob going to use. Cheers

Congratulations on the pass! :smiley:

Having just recently done my C and C+E I would agree, whilst in ‘learning’ mode crack on with the next one if you can afford to. It will increase your earning potential from the outset.

just passed my class 1 and srart my new job on monday.they were taking me on with my class 2 on the provision i passed my class1 within 3months

Fantastic news! Double congratulations!! :smiley: :smiley:

cheers misses :smiley: