Bedworth Haulage sold for £17000

Could have purchased it for the same price as a car.

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2018/ … ess-17000/

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They were in trouble with the authorities last year. Seem to remember them having their O licence restricted for a fortnight.

Tacho offences I think.

All flash etc…

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Good way of getting hold of a cheap Scania Golden Griffin… :wink:

eagerbeaver:

I think the £17k covers the “business”…basically the contacts and the name, EVERYTHING else will come at a price, and if any of the suppliers have been “tickled” the buyer will have problems from day one :wink:

That`s unless they are already an established mob with the money to skate over the cracks :open_mouth:

They had a massive to do with traffic commissioner not so long back and if I recall rightly heavy fines were handed out for continuous flouting of drivers hours etc

Tea and biscuits with Beverly and Sara Bell, followed by a rear end shafting over the desk, Dipper style.
Boots next to the TC office, did a roaring trade in ■■■■ ointments.

Probably bought by the wife or a cousin.
Running as Bedworth Logistics tomorrow. …

Twenty years ago, they were a decent enough company. I worked with their guys a bit around Portugal and Spain. They were happy enough then. No flash trucks, but up together, no excessive hours, and wages in bank.

Management change in 2006/7 it seems?
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … ng-history
Click onto Administrators Statement for an overview of company, problems and situation.
If you cant be arsed with reading 81 pages..... Company runs a large heat treatment and cold store plant. 13 drivers and 8 other employees. Trucks on finance (so it aint a cheap way to buy a Scannie Beav :smiley: ).
They had all their transport eggs in one basket it seems: working closely with a continental haulier on pence per mile rate with a guaranteed minimum, but in 2015 the minimum was withdrawn…
Ten plus million receipts in 2015, then 2.6m in 2017.

A pity for all employed there. Hope the new owners make a fair fist of it.

EDIT new owners? C-4 Safety Ltd, Rugby based. A director has links to “Reward Hauliers Ltd”?

Franglais:
Twenty years ago, they were a decent enough company. I worked with their guys a bit around Portugal and Spain. They were happy enough then. No flash trucks, but up together, no excessive hours, and wages in bank.

Management change in 2006/7 it seems?
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … ng-history
Click onto Administrators Statement for an overview of company, problems and situation.
If you cant be arsed with reading 81 pages..... Company runs a large heat treatment and cold store plant. 13 drivers and 8 other employees. Trucks on finance (so it aint a cheap way to buy a Scannie Beav :smiley: ).
They had all their transport eggs in one basket it seems: working closely with a continental haulier on pence per mile rate with a guaranteed minimum, but in 2015 the minimum was withdrawn…
Ten plus million receipts in 2015, then 2.6m in 2017.

A pity for all employed there. Hope the new owners make a fair fist of it.

EDIT new owners? C-4 Safety Ltd, Rugby based. A director has links to “Reward Hauliers Ltd”?

Lived in Rugby over 25 years. Can’t say either firm rings a bell as having a business premises. Mind you if it’s run out of a house or whatever…

eagerbeaver:
They were in trouble with the authorities last year. Seem to remember them having their O licence restricted for a fortnight.

Tacho offences I think.

Got their bums felt to say the least and lost a dozen motors, IIRC.

A.

Adonis.:

eagerbeaver:

Tacho offences I think.

Got their bums felt to say the least and lost a dozen motors, IIRC.

A.

In May 2014 they had a licence for 75 vehicles and 50 trailers.
May 2017 voluntarily restricted licence to 30 vehicles and 47 trailers. Also had “O” Licence suspended for 14 days in July.

vehicle-operator-licensing. … age&page=1

eagerbeaver:

That yoke will end up here in Ireland for sure.

I did a day for Bedworth Haulage on the agency, and I liked them. There seemed to be a nice old-fashioned friendly atmosphere about the place with none of this looking down their nose at me because I’m an agency driver ■■■■■■■■.

Harry Monk:
I did a day for Bedworth Haulage on the agency, and I liked them. There seemed to be a nice old-fashioned friendly atmosphere about the place with none of this looking down their nose at me because I’m an agency driver ■■■■■■■■.

Was that recently Harry? I knew the lads of old but know none of them recently.

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Yes, sometime last year, I can’t remember exactly when, but not long after their run-in with the TC. They didn’t ask too much of me, just loading at Fyffes then a run to Aldi at Blackburn or Bolton or Oldham or somewhere like that and then back empty.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Yes, sometime last year, I can’t remember exactly when, but not long after their run-in with the TC. They didn’t ask too much of me, just loading at Fyffes then a run to Aldi at Blackburn or Bolton or Oldham or somewhere like that and then back empty.

Fair dos then. Ta.

Harry Monk:
…just loading at Fyffes then a run to Aldi at Blackburn or Bolton or Oldham or somewhere like that and then back empty.

Used to be, a backload for Dairy Crest. Running back empty was reserved for agency drivers. Quite a few agency drivers would drop the trailer in at Dairy Crest or Fyffes and leave the fridge set to the previous operating temperature.

Dairy Crest operated +2, Fyffes at +14

I spent some time there as well. I tried a variety of routes, shifts and vehicles.

SouthEastCashew:

eagerbeaver:

That yoke will end up here in Ireland for sure.

It’s “yoch”,

“Yoke” is so last year!!![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

That’s a shame.

Does make you wonder why they bothered to save those 21 jobs, which probably end up going at a later date. The new owners will strip out what they want, get the employee’s to relocate or quit, take worse T&C’s or quit. Were as if they’d let it go down then those 21 employee’s would have had a little payout to be going on with. Not going to difficult to find a logistics job around that neck of the woods :wink: