Beds to London - New blog post

londoncabby.blogspot.co.uk/

Good read. Thank you.

Reading that makes me appreciate my tipper job more. Sweeping a trailer out every so often beats lugging mattress’s about.

[/code]

mrginge:
Reading that makes me appreciate my tipper job more. Sweeping a trailer out every so often beats lugging mattress’s about.

Yep same here I do general so I may have to move the occasional plant trolley or pallet but no heavy ■■■■■■■ all day ever day

Excellent read thank you. Interesting too that you had managed to find somewhere in London to park up for a 45 minute break. BTY The company should be refunding you the cost of overnight vehicle parking (and the included meal voucher which you do not mention) if you present the receipt. You probably have to present this to your agency and they will be the ones to pay you. If anyone tries saying that they don’t do so, stand your ground and tell them they should have told you that before you agreed to do the job. This is their business expense; not yours.

I find if I just pace myself, take my time it can be quite enjoyable (believe it or not). At £9 ph and £12ph after 10 hours I’m doing quite well out of this assignment. Got two nights out to blog about so they’ll be up some time in the next few days.
RE: expenses. They have only just told me I can claim all the parking and M6 Tolls, including food vouchers back so I should have a few extra bob in the bank next week (even if it was mine to start with)

"Interesting too that you had managed to find somewhere in London to park up for a 45 minute break. "

I just parked in 3 parking bays meant for cars, kept an indicator on and the engine running and hoped for the best. A warden made a few passes on his moped and as he approached me I made myself busy and he never bothered me. I know it won’t be like that always. How we’re supposed to legally do our job and take our breaks in central London is beyond me.

Maybe you could have used the cabbies tea shack rank on Pont Street?

I worked the centre of London for 18mths on food service work and never had a break not on a customers premises during unloading. I used to just park up in the first services on the way back out either Heston or Beaconfield for a proper one after 8-10hrs of work.

Was pulled over a couple of times on the embankment by the Chelsea flower show entrance by VOSA and they never said a word about the breaks, I think they knew the score, they are not stupid but they never questioned it.

Driver-Once-More:

I’m sure the cabbies would love me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

londoncabby1:

Driver-Once-More:

I’m sure the cabbies would love me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unless it is supermarket trolley work, or clear that there won’t be a problem then I have a full 45 before diving into London, do whatever is necessary to keep the tacho legal and then take my proper break as soon as I get clear. It is not uncommon to see lorries parked up taking a break in the red route bays on The Highway heading East. One of the companies I have worked for in the past double mans the vehicle if there are a large number of deliveries.