Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

OldishJoda:

Poikey:
Bit of history here…

youtube.com/watch?v=nVZiHGh … WL&index=7

Very good, You can’t see the embankment cos of cars now… The Newnham Ave / Goldington Road junction looks so strange, I did not see my car or van parked in The Anchor car park as we progressed along Goldington Green lol.

Regards
Andy

Cor, The Anchor pub…then the Golden Lion. What was the pub called next door to The Anchor which is now a Toby and hotel?

Poikey:

OldishJoda:

Poikey:
Bit of history here…

Very good, You can’t see the embankment cos of cars now… The Newnham Ave / Goldington Road junction looks so strange, I did not see my car or van parked in The Anchor car park as we progressed along Goldington Green lol.

Regards
Andy

Cor, The Anchor pub…then the Golden Lion. What was the pub called next door to The Anchor which is now a Toby and hotel?

It was The Swan Inn… had a few in there when The Anchor was full !
bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk/Com … %20Butlers.

DEANB:

OldishJoda:
Nice Capri in front of the 88

Yes be worth a few quid today 2.8 ?

Looking at the wheels and decal I would say a Capri Laser

OldishJoda:

Poikey:

OldishJoda:

Poikey:
Bit of history here…

Regards
Andy

It was The Swan Inn… had a few in there when The Anchor was full !
bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk/Com … %20Butlers.

Ahh yes. Then there was The Falstaff and The Century nearby.

Here we go Poikey, an even older NMT wrecker I found on the tinternet.

Kempston:
Here we go Poikey, an even older NMT wrecker I found on the tinternet.

A tad olde worlde!

Also found these. One is Cedar Coaches of Bedford whilst the green United Counties one may have seen service in Bedford or even the shire of. Chassis could be an Albion, AEC or Leyland going by the Ergo cab.
Photo’s liberated [/attachment]

10543CA7-0872-4660-AEAF-F8531687C1F0.jpeg
BA667DCA-1BED-4493-AA98-B2744CBF8F5D.jpeg

B68A355F-10BB-4322-9779-618249812266.jpeg

Found this on the worlde wide wobble, I assume still in business.

B9AEAE13-F680-43B2-B6B3-9AA67B01A308.jpeg

Poikey:
Found this on the worlde wide wobble, I assume still in business.

Here’s another one Poikey I found on the tinternet, I’ve no idea either if they are still around or not.

Just saw this beauty on the tinternet.

Intresting little clipping confirming that Frederick Ray operated the first Bedford TM in the UK. I thought it was Millers from Poole as have stuff on
that one.

fred ray 1st Bedford TM.PNG

DEANB:
Intresting little clipping confirming that Frederick Ray operated the first Bedford TM in the UK. I thought it was Millers from Poole as have stuff on
that one.
I saw that many times near LB and the A5 to Dunstable.

DEANB:
that one.

They probably spun the same yarn to loads of people in the hope they’d buy a fleet of them. :laughing:
Of course Freddy Rays did a lot of work for Vauxhall/Bedford.

Kempston:
“DEANB” Intresting little clipping confirming that Frederick Ray operated the first Bedford TM in the UK.
I thought it was Millers from Poole as have stuff on that one.

They probably spun the same yarn to loads of people in the hope they’d buy a fleet of them. :laughing:

I imagine they were given a good price then Dave if they worked for them.

I think this Ivel Transport F88 was from your way Dave.

flickr.com/photos/25366192@N04/3743284663/

DEANB:

Kempston:
“DEANB” Intresting little clipping confirming that Frederick Ray operated the first Bedford TM in the UK.
I thought it was Millers from Poole as have stuff on that one.

I imagine they were given a good price then Dave if they worked for them.

I think this Ivel Transport F88 was from your way Dave.

Yes Ivel Transport were from Biggleswade Dean…

Poikey:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/25366192@N04/3743284663/

John Cothills were from Potton as you know poikey, there yard is still there and being used by I believe John Arnold who also run lorries from the site.

John Cothill was a really nice bloke to deal with, always very professional, they did some work for me when a hiab offload was required.

Another one of John Cothills

Kempston:

DEANB:
that one.

I think they were let have the first TM to be used as they also had on their fleet a Bedford KM with a Detroit V8 installed, registered and delivered in 1973. Both of Rays yards in Leighton always full of Vauxhall/Bedford KD parts all boxed up and ready for export. A lot of the other Leighton companies normally subbed this work as well.

Vauxhall / Bedford article from 1974.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Vauxhall / Bedford article from 1974.

Click on pages twice to read.

Interesting Dean, thanks for posting.