Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Easidispose Foden, part of London brick landfill

Couple of photos here, don’t know anything about this company so would be glad of any info if anyone knows anything, I would guess they did bricks at some point.

A386BD57-A13F-471B-A25D-9AB772122E7F.jpeg

Ahh, Westoning. I can just remember this as my maternal grandparents lived in Flitwick.

bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk/Com … osion.aspx

Poikey:
Ahh, Westoning. I can just remember this as my maternal grandparents lived in Flitwick.

bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk/Com … osion.aspx

You can make out where the tanker demolished some houses, must’ve been a hell of a fire.

Picture has been liberated from the tinternut.

Poikey:

That’s a powerful image.

Just driven through Westoning about 20 mins ago!

Kempston:
Couple of photos here, don’t know anything about this company so would be glad of any info if anyone knows anything, I would guess they did bricks at some point.

Heres a bit about them Dave. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:

Kempston:

Heres a bit about them Dave. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Thanks for that Dean, really wasn’t expecting anyone to know anything about them tbh.

Poikey:

I bet that Guy big J was rebuilt and some poor ■■■■■■■ got lumbered with it-wouldn’t die like a cockroach.
The main bit in the picture can easily be spotted on your left travelling towards the M1.new buildings,where the butchers is

Saw this on the internet a couple of days ago, of course those that know this company will know it was originally Greenhow & Wright’s, was eventually bought out by Ridgeons who in turn have also been taken over now.

3180BF28-A04B-4A67-9D50-E62D31E41280.jpeg

Don’t remember seeing one of these! Or any ERFs for that matter!

You’re right Coomsey they didn’t run many at all, afraid I don’t know the reason but I would guess they didn’t perform as well as AEC, Volvo and Foden. However back in the day before Marston Brick was absorbed into London Brick they certainly did.

2E62716E-63FF-44B0-8075-F404E399930C.jpeg

Pictures liberated from the Worlde Wide Wobble…

Seems LBC meant business in the event of any breakdowns Poikey!..
Not exactly Bedfordshire hauliers however drawn in beds by my talented stepson!

A couple of James Laughton motors, used to have a yard in kempston, they did a trunk for London brick down to Bridgewater both day and night. Nmp.

4D55F2DC-38F9-4850-9BDB-F310878CB0B3.jpeg

Kempston:
A couple of James Laughton motors, used to have a yard in kempston, they did a trunk for London brick down to Bridgewater both day and night. Nmp.

They used F86’s to start with I think, and used to drop and swap trailers at Court Road Cranfield near mobile home park, I used to see them move off towards Buckingham.

Regards Andy

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

They used F86’s to start with I think, and used to drop and swap trailers at Court Road Cranfield near mobile home park, I used to see them move off towards Buckingham.

Regards Andy

Yes you are correct Andy, I can remember one of their trailers being parked in a lay-by near Bicester with a broken neck.

Backing down a slope into a builders merchant in Potter’s Bar with a load of block paving on when the trailer snapped with a crack…got the yardman to unload trailer asap then strapped the trailer up with timber and drove back to Bedford. Got the trailer back the following day and no sign of the repair.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Kempston:
Few more RJC’s here NikNak nmp