Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Poikey:
Thought I’d already posted this but then I’m still trying to get the idea of how to use crayons…

Vospers had a driver called Blakey who also worked at one time for Harveys from Sandy.

I’m ex Harveys, '87-'97, was he Trevor Ashwell?

Steevo:

Poikey:
Thought I’d already posted this but then I’m still trying to get the idea of how to use crayons…

Vospers had a driver called Blakey who also worked at one time for Harveys from Sandy.

Reckon it was. Now the name Ashwell rings another bell. Ted drove for Harvey’s, think his brother was Ron who was on the fork lifts in Marshall’s and their Dad ( Ron? ) also drove for Marshall’s.

Steevo:

Poikey:

Reckon it was. Now the name Ashwell rings another bell. Ted drove for Harvey’s, think his brother was Ron who was on the fork lifts in Marshall’s and their Dad ( Ron? ) also drove for Marshall’s.

One of Charles Wells brewery lorries pictured in the centre of London, they had a few pubs in central London. Nmp

Kempston:
One of Charles Wells brewery lorries pictured in the centre of London, they had a few pubs in central London. Nmp

I worked on many of Chas Wells trucks when I was an apprentice at Nicholls St Mary’s Square. Commers / Karriers / Bedfords .

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

I worked on many of Chas Wells trucks when I was an apprentice at Nicholls St Mary’s Square. Commers / Karriers / Bedfords .

Just sent you a pm , wondering if you knew my dad?

I seem to remember Chas Wells had a distribution warehouse at Kings Cross. And the nearby St Pancras station had a beer warehouse built underneath which now houses shops!

Kempston:
This gem is off the internet, I’ve never seen this photo before. I counted around 100 motors visible in this shot!

That’s one hell of a lot of bricks being shifted a day K ! N not a Hiab in sight :open_mouth:

Kempston:

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

I sent a reply so just checking u received it !

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

I sent a reply so just checking u received it !

Yes received it and have replied to you, sorry for the delay but working in my house getting a room ready for my son in law to plaster tomorrow.

Photo of one of Lowe Brothers from Bedford, also had a depot in Birmingham, not sure if there was some sort of connection with K&D Transport as I used to see some of their motors parked with K&D’s.
Nmp.

Found this on the tinternut

2BC403E4-3715-4718-8BB2-FB64A7A0ABF8.jpeg

Couple more here Poikey, nmp

Nice one Kempston!

I was at Rogers when the above Volvos were in service. Some of the trailers ended up in Thurleigh.

Sisters! NMP off FB

Anyone remember any of these?

Kempston:

Can remember Longhurst & Skinner on the corner of Midland Road and River Street. As for Grafton Works, was that the one down by Elstow Road Bridge ? CAEC Howard used a works there when building bridges.

Poikey:

Kempston:

Can remember Longhurst & Skinner on the corner of Midland Road and River Street. As for Grafton Works, was that the one down by Elstow Road Bridge ? CAEC Howard used a works there when building bridges.

Yes same as me Poikey, I seem to recall we bought our daughters pram from Longhurst & Skinner.

Kempston:

Poikey:

Kempston:

Yes same as me Poikey, I seem to recall we bought our daughters pram from Longhurst & Skinner.

Bedford ain’t what it used to be. Did find this though on the worlde wide wobble…some businesses I remember or heard of in this list!

bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk/Usi … Plans.aspx

Great yard shot of Marston Brick. Nmp