bedfords transport

anyone know much about them or worked for them, i think there based at batley near leeds. cheers

hi mate

try there web site

bedfordstransport.co.uk/

Done a lot on the agency for them earlier this year.

Not a bad outfit,but they are keen on you tramping wherever possible.There are some day lads there,but not many.

They have a mixture of FH Globey’s and Stralis,the oldest being 52 plate Globey,whereas the Stralis’s are 05 plate but are dropping to bits,and have had some hammer,however the units are contract,and are serviced by the dealers,iirc, (Volvo 100 yards away,Iveco about 5 miles away.) whereas the trailers are done in house,and the garage lads are a good set as well.

At the moment,it’s a mixture of magazine work,and builiding products,and you could be going just about anywhere in the UK.You can spend a lot of time sitting around at some of the magazine collections/drops.

Don’t know what the money is,but I think it’s about average,(£7ph plus.) plus overtime after so many hours,and your night out money,but all the above could be liable to correction.

They also do Palletforce work locally,but I think they have a set quota of lads on that job,but I have known for some of them on that side,which is rigid work,to do nights out on the general side when required.

All in all,there are worse companies in the area.

Ken.

cheers for that, im travelling from rotherham so wouldnt mind a couple of nights out a week to save travelling everyday cheers.

I must say I found them ok,as I only do days anyhow,persay,but they did go through a point of a lot of lads leaving,citing various difficulties,including the traffic office,but I must say,I didn’t have any complaints.

Ken.

As you’re considering the tramping side you should be treated as a human being
i.e. not too many phone calls, not over-run with work - just enough to keep you going.

As a day driver though (on agency) I felt as though I was working for a set of muppets who thought the phone was a tracking device and the whole idea of me taking a break was alien.

It didn’t take me long to figure I’d rather work for someone else.

Stan

Personally,they seemed to leave me alone,and the only contact was when I had completed each drop.It was a case of time arrived,time left,pallets delivered,pallets collected.I guess this was so they could keep their system updated in case of customer queries.

While their way of working may not suit everyone,I didn’t find it a problem.

Oh.And their vehicles have gps on them as well.Look for the big globe at the back/top of the cab.

Ken.