Bedford SB furniture trucks

In the 1950 & 1960’s my Dad drove a lot of furniture lorries for companies such as Baker & Selman in Dalston Lane, London Lebus Furniture, Merchandise Transport (a Lebus offshoot) out of Tottenham and Wades Transport out of Tottenham also.

A couple of questions for this post; is there anyone out there who used to work for any of these companies and if so do you have any photos of trucks from those days?

I am particularly interested in photos of the fleet of Bedford SB furniture trucks Lebus/Merchandise ran in the 60’s, my Dad and a lot of his mates drove them and they had consecutive number plates from XXF 700 to XXF 709. The trucks were on a Duple coach chassis and now Duple no longer exist there don’t seem to be any photos of these trucks around.

I spent many a long summer in the cab of XXF 705 with my Dad as a schoolboy and the memories I have of those days when truckies were Knights of the Road and flashed their lights and waved at other truckies are still fresh today.

If anyone can help me with photos or stories of the days travelling from London to Liverpool meeting the rest of the fleet at Watford Gap, racing across the Desert, passing the old Reliant Robin factory then up the A5 would be great.

Johnny Freeman