Bedding

Will a normal size single fitted sheet fit on a 2018 Daf XF bed?

Cheers.

DAF XF has mattress 80cm×220cm.
Not a normal size but you can find them online.

I used to just use a double and fold it right round, then switched to a king size duvet and folded it over instead, like a sleeping bag without the zip.

Sapper

Mrs got me a Scania bed cover for Xmas years ago , think it was £90 apx

Try getting Bunk Bed fitted sheets, they’re narrower than normal single bed fitted sheets, but just as long. they’re meant for 2ft6in mattresses whereas a normal single is 3ft.

dozy:

I can only imagine the excitement you felt, when you took the wrapping off

Suedehead:

dozy:

What’s not to like -

The problem is…

The sticky outty bit at the front of the mattress which just makes any sheets awkward to fit for no real gain.

edit gibberish

This is where i bought mine from .It fits better then a ikea one.

trucktextil.eu/DAF-XF:::8.html

Suedehead:

dozy:

I think it was a spotter special

robthedog:

Suedehead:

dozy:

I think it was a spotter special

:smiley:

Cheers guys, I think a proper fitted one is the way forward, hate creases in the sheet.

Will be going tramping in a few weeks so getting my basic kit together while I still have my Asda discount card :laughing:

trucken:
Try getting Bunk Bed fitted sheets, they’re narrower than normal single bed fitted sheets, but just as long. they’re meant for 2ft6in mattresses whereas a normal single is 3ft.

You can also get Bunk bed duvets, I got mine from mitre linen www.mitrelinen.co.uk

Fuzrat:
Cheers guys, I think a proper fitted one is the way forward, hate creases in the sheet.

Will be going tramping in a few weeks so getting my basic kit together while I still have my Asda discount card :laughing:

Jumping ship then was it the weekends got too much ?

bald bloke:

Fuzrat:

Jumping ship then was it the weekends got too much ?

Bit of everything really, the brothers refusing to speak with the union on pay, crap planning since it all moved to central, taking on anybody who applies resulting in bent and scraped trucks, pretty much no overtime because of all the new drivers.

Jan and feb is going to be a wasteland. We pretty much avoided the mass exodus that Bedford and you guys seemed to have a few months back, managed to cover everything on overtime but now they’ve taken on all the newbies its disappeared. We have a lot of guys only a few years out from retirement that wont go as their pension is great, they’ve been there 25yrs and its pretty much all they know but a lot of the younger guys are looking. I’m the martyr that pulled the trigger first :laughing:

TBH its been getting worse for the last year or so, nobody cares or takes any pride in what they are doing anymore. Shame as it used to be the job that you took any shift times on the agency and did all the nasty stores with a smile on your face, just to get a good rep and a foot in the door. If anyone actually retired (never left) the driver trainer would have a quiet word that they were going to advertise and it would be good if you could apply, wink, wink. Now they are so desperate that any man and his dog are getting straight on full time.

Got a gig on bulk tippers doing TASCC Stuff for a guy that runs 8 trucks, drives one of them himself. 1 man 1 truck, parked up when on holiday. All the proper kit like microwave, fridge, inverter etc. Get back to the small family business like when I was at the mill.

Ironically, went for the interview and found out that when its quiet in the xmas run up he does traction out of our place, guess who finishes Friday and is back in there with his own truck on Monday on better money :laughing: :laughing:

On a side note, I have an inverter fitted in the new truck and thinking about kettle and toaster. 240v toaster off the inverter seems to be the way forward, but which kettle. 240v travel kettle off the inverter, 12/24v on the cig lighter or I have a little gas stove off my boat and a whistling kettle but thinking for my early cup of coffee not sure I really want flames in the cab while Im trying to get dressed :laughing: Leaning towards the 12/24v option.

So many choices and things to think about to make my life as comfortable as possible. determined to cook proper meals and not live off MSA food, Ginsters and a warm can of lilt :laughing: even a pub meal every now and then :sunglasses:

yourhavingalarf:
The problem is…

The sticky outty bit at the front of the mattress which just makes any sheets awkward to fit for no real gain.

edit gibberish

You might have a ‘sticky’ outter bit with no gain (must be age!) I have plenty of gain prior to my sticky bit… :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

Bloody fitted sheets and duvets, all I can say is if this was good enough for me… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I’ve always used single sheets in lorries, including DAFs. Use single duvet too. No idea why some want to feel like it’s a camping trip!

remy:

Bloody fitted sheets and duvets, all I can say is if this was good enough for me… :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh by eck that ‘twere luxury soft lad. I had no door on my Bedford TK. Got chilly in the Himalayas on my weekly run to China, I lost my right foot to frostbite, but I made do. Not having wheels presented more of an issue.