Bed size

Looking at taking my LGV but have one concern, im 6’ 4" can anyone tell me what the average length of a cab bed is, or if ill need to open the window lol?

John

Normally just slightly less than the width of the cab I suppose, about 2.4 metres.

me 6’3" - plenty of room.

ime 6ft 4 and have plenty of room in my euro-tech …

bernie

im 6ft 2 ish, got iveco euro-cargo bunk,lenths fine but im thinking of driving a couple hundred 6 inch nails thru the base,just might make it that bit more comfortable :exclamation: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Merc Actros, me 6’6’‘,loads of room :sunglasses: , I think most beds are at least 7’ long. :smiley:

jaybee:
Looking at taking my LGV but have one concern, im 6’ 4" can anyone tell me what the average length of a cab bed is, or if ill need to open the window lol?

John

I like your style mate - you have got the priorities in order. :laughing:

You’ll do well in this game!! :wink:

I am 5ft nothing but still manage to fall out of most bunks!! Restless sleeper you see. :laughing:

I thing that some bunks are not comfortable and the Volvo Globetrotter used to drive me mad/
Why the hell did volvo come up wit the idea to put cut-outs in the bunk - just where you need it most - like the knees and the elbows.

For my part I always believe you cant beat Daf when it comes to comfortable bunks.

Mothertrucker:
For my part I always believe you cant beat Daf when it comes to comfortable bunks.

I spend 5 nights a week in mine and I’ve certainly got no complaints. The bottom bunk in my XF is very comfortable, mind you as I’ve only got a spacecab, the top bunk is absolutely pathetic, it looks that cramped I have not even tried it yet and I’ve had the truck a year and a half. Its just become a storage shelf!

flying_fenman:

jaybee:

John

I like your style mate - you have got the priorities in order. :laughing:

You’ll do well in this game!! :wink:

lol

eldor:

Mothertrucker:

mind you as I’ve only got a spacecab, the top bunk is absolutely pathetic, it looks that cramped I have not even tried it yet and I’ve had the truck a year and a half. Its just become a storage shelf!

You wouldn’t have liked double manning with a twin bunk flat top then?