Becoming upto date with national cpc

I have just started up in business and have been asked by a couple of people if I plan on doing the Operator CPC.

My friend owned and ran his own lorry many years ago and so has been out of the loop for a while. My question is what would he need to do to be upto date with all the current laws, so that I can hire him out to prospective clients?

Assuming you mean your friend has an operators CPC, a refresher course would be a good idea!

I did one a couple of months ago as it was 13/14 years since I did mine

Ok, thanks.

I was chatting to him today and told me to get some of the new RHA books and what software and hardware I should get if I was going to be employing him to do it.

A refresher course for him does sound like a good idea though.

The RHA do a 1 day course titled “Managing your operators licence” which I took last year and found very beneficial. It also gives you 7 hours towards your drivers CPC.

whelmic:
The RHA do a 1 day course titled “Managing your operators licence” which I took last year and found very beneficial. It also gives you 7 hours towards your drivers CPC.

They also do a 2 day refresher which counts as 14 hours

rhaonline.co.uk/courses/course.php?id=56

However I’m a tight git and didn’t want to spend £530+VAT so I did one that cost £200 from penkridgetm.co.uk/training/ that was running locally (with 0 hours towards driver CPC)