beavertails

Is anyone using a 6 x 2 beavetail on low profiles and if so what problems are there if any, thanks

willie_mac:
Is anyone using a 6 x 2 beavetail on low profiles and if so what problems are there if any, thanks

I used to use a 6X2 beavertail with low-ride rear wheels.

The only snag I ever had was deciding to reverse in to a side road to turn around and not noticing the quite steep slope upwards… :confused:

Yep… I got both rear axles off the road as the back end of the lorry ground itself up the slope. :blush:

Incredibly… a farmer was passing in his tractor and pulled me off… :sunglasses:

The only other thing with the beavertails is the wide tail swing when turning… it’s horrendous with the rear axle lifted…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Iggy:

willie_mac:

I used to use a 6X2 beavertail with low-ride rear wheels.

The only snag I ever had was deciding to reverse in to a side road to turn around and not noticing the quite steep slope upwards… :confused:

Yep… I got both rear axles off the road as the back end of the lorry ground itself up the slope. :blush:

The only other thing with the beavertails is the wide tail swing when turning… it’s horrendous with the rear axle lifted…

Hope his hands were warm!!

Remember what happened to George Michael… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Remember what happened to George Michael…

Yeah, whats warm and sticky and found on a toilet wall?

George Michael’s latest release. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh god, that’s awful!

I’m going to write that one down.

All the ones I have driven have been on standard tyres, never had a problem with getting stuff on or being too high. I can’t really see the point unless there is a specific reason for needing them.

I still catch the tail on a slope sometimes on standards, and have to pump the rear air right up to get unhooked.