Beating the virus

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
A curb on my liberties might be OK if we weren’t led by Boris Johnson and co | Nick Cohen | The Guardian
An opinion piece.
■■■■ up rather than conspiracy.
But not a happy future for us in anything this cheating fool meddles in.
Johnson spinning like mad again describing our Brexit options as an Australian type deal…That is, in plain speak, no deal.

Who would have thought it the Brexit talks breaking down because an unpopular leader is refusing to obey international law to try and be popular!!!
As the German’s are reported to have a told him a deal will allow you to fish but no deal won’t.

Unpopular leader? Elected much less than one year ago with a stonking 80 seat majority, why is he so unpopular now? Even he might expect a honeymoon longer than that.
The Brexit talks werent exactly going along as smoothly and easily as predicted before he spoke of making the UK an untrustworthy trading partner that cant be relied on to keep its word.
I thought the Germans were leaning on France to be softer on fishing rights, rather than the UK? I could be wrong on that, if youve seen different? . Anyway, fishing? Less than 10,000 full time fishers in the UK, plus supporting workers. SMMT says about UK vehicle makers "With some 168,000 people employed directly in manufacturing and in excess of 823,000 across the wider automotive industry, it accounts for 14.4% of total UK export of goods, worth £44 billion, and invests £3.75 billion each year in automotive R&D." This sector is in danger of having its goods exposed to high tariffs.
About 90% of all UK exports to the EU woud be affected, but the automotive sector could be tariffs at 10%.
Reverting to fishing, the fish caught by UK fishers are mostly…exported to the EU…
The fish we eat are often imported from the EU…
How is the introduction of trade barriers, resulting in extra tariffs, extra documentation, going to help anyone? No deal (aka Australian deal) is set to be awful for everyone except a few international financiers. No one in the UK seems likely to win that I can see.

Edit to add
yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/tr … val-rating
different measures on Johnsons and his Govs ratings for differnt aspects.

Legal = mass gatherings of 30+ kids indoors in schools
Illegal = 10 kids playing outside together in the street
EH??

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
A curb on my liberties might be OK if we weren’t led by Boris Johnson and co | Nick Cohen | The Guardian
An opinion piece.
■■■■ up rather than conspiracy.
But not a happy future for us in anything this cheating fool meddles in.
Johnson spinning like mad again describing our Brexit options as an Australian type deal…That is, in plain speak, no deal.

Who would have thought it the Brexit talks breaking down because an unpopular leader is refusing to obey international law to try and be popular!!!
As the German’s are reported to have a told him a deal will allow you to fish but no deal won’t.

Unpopular leader? Elected much less than one year ago with a stonking 80 seat majority, why is he so unpopular now? Even he might expect a honeymoon longer than that.
The Brexit talks werent exactly going along as smoothly and easily as predicted before he spoke of making the UK an untrustworthy trading partner that cant be relied on to keep its word.
I thought the Germans were leaning on France to be softer on fishing rights, rather than the UK? I could be wrong on that, if youve seen different? . Anyway, fishing? Less than 10,000 full time fishers in the UK, plus supporting workers. SMMT says about UK vehicle makers "With some 168,000 people employed directly in manufacturing and in excess of 823,000 across the wider automotive industry, it accounts for 14.4% of total UK export of goods, worth £44 billion, and invests £3.75 billion each year in automotive R&D." This sector is in danger of having its goods exposed to high tariffs.
About 90% of all UK exports to the EU woud be affected, but the automotive sector could be tariffs at 10%.
Reverting to fishing, the fish caught by UK fishers are mostly…exported to the EU…
The fish we eat are often imported from the EU…
How is the introduction of trade barriers, resulting in extra tariffs, extra documentation, going to help anyone? No deal (aka Australian deal) is set to be awful for everyone except a few international financiers. No one in the UK seems likely to win that I can see.

Edit to add
yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/tr … val-rating
different measures on Johnsons and his Govs ratings for differnt aspects.

Not going to insult your intelligence but I’m sure you’re fully aware of whom I am talking about and yes it was the Germans who were putting pressure on him. I notice you haven’t put up the figures for French fishing probably in the scheme of things Channel fishing is about on a par with the UK as to it’s contribution to French GDP, but Macron doesn’t need another group against him. As recently as last weekend Simon Coveny said he could see a deal being reached and for several weeks the Times has been reporting that there was a quiet confidence that a deal would be reached as to Macron being more popular than Johnson who knows but I’ve yet to meet a Frenchman who likes him, and as for competency the French cancelled their track and trace last week as it wasn’t working.

LoL

Mazzer2:

What have the Germans or anyone else got to do with our fish in our waters governed by our government.
What next Canada can’t fish in its own waters unless it signs up as an EUSSR member state.Remember the Turbot Wars.

You mean the same Germans who tried to take over Europe twice and has now put a DDR Communist asset into power who’s well on the way to making the EUSSR a Vichy puppet state of CCP.
Unfortunately Bozo isn’t the real deal in getting us out of it.
It also might explain the dodgy inconsistencies in the ‘lockdown rules’ described by ROG.
More about control by a malignant power.Than stopping a killer weaponised version of the Common Cold used as the pretext.

Mazzer2:
Not going to insult your intelligence but I’m sure you’re fully aware of whom I am talking about and yes it was the Germans who were putting pressure on him. I notice you haven’t put up the figures for French fishing probably in the scheme of things Channel fishing is about on a par with the UK as to it’s contribution to French GDP, but Macron doesn’t need another group against him. As recently as last weekend Simon Coveny said he could see a deal being reached and for several weeks the Times has been reporting that there was a quiet confidence that a deal would be reached as to Macron being more popular than Johnson who knows but I’ve yet to meet a Frenchman who likes him, and as for competency the French cancelled their track and trace last week as it wasn’t working.

Macron has his own country to worry about, including fishermen of course, as does Merkel and all the other EU member country leaders.
French fishing figures? Does that matter? Johnson et al are making big noises about the UK fishing rights, whereas (sorry fisherfolk) it pales to insignificance against the motor industry and farming etc.
(2013 comparable UK / Fr numbers.ec.europa.eu/fisheries/sites/fi … eet_en.pdf)
I dont know whether Macron or Johnson is the most (un)popular. Track and Trace,France doing badly too? So, we arent the only country doing badly? That doesnt make us any the better. Germany is doing OK. Might not be so bad if Johnson held his hands up sometimes, instaed of spinning stories about the "next level, world beating, moonshot" whatever. The heightened expectations makes each failure more of an insult to our intelligence, as he expects us to swallow more crap. I dont know Id believe The Times forecasts particularly. Certainly it is reliable on fact checks etc, but its views are closely aligned with the Tories.

Franglais:
Macron has his own country to worry about, including fishermen of course, as does Merkel and all the other EU member country leaders.
French fishing figures? Does that matter? Johnson et al are making big noises about the UK fishing rights, whereas (sorry fisherfolk) it pales to insignificance against the motor industry and farming etc.
(2013 comparable UK / Fr numbers.ec.europa.eu/fisheries/sites/fi … eet_en.pdf)
I dont know whether Macron or Johnson is the most (un)popular. Track and Trace,France doing badly too? So, we arent the only country doing badly? That doesnt make us any the better. Germany is doing OK. Might not be so bad if Johnson held his hands up sometimes, instaed of spinning stories about the "next level, world beating, moonshot" whatever. The heightened expectations makes each failure more of an insult to our intelligence, as he expects us to swallow more crap. I dont know Id believe The Times forecasts particularly. Certainly it is reliable on fact checks etc, but its views are closely aligned with the Tories.

As opposed to DDR Merkel and side kick Commy Macron closely aligned with the CCP intent on imposing ‘world governance’ on us all.
Macron doesn’t speak for much of France let alone Europe.He only got in by laughable ballot rigging against Le Pen.
Which part of our waters our fish, not your Corrupt Commy Collective, just like Iceland, Norway and Canada, don’t you understand.
As for Bozo you protest laughably too much when you know he’s just another world governance shill.

ROG:
The virus cannot be stopped so it is going to spread but when we let it spread we can control a bit
Better to let it spread in good weather when NHS can cope than in the winter crisis

It wasn’t spreading in the summer because it hates UV while lurking outside of a host.As I remember it the numbers were falling and we had relaxation of the lock down rules in line with that. :confused:

Define ‘control’.

Franglais:

As opposed to what you obviously want BRINO to Remain.
Which part of, the definition of Secession, to return to being a sovereign nation state not an EUSSR vassal, you know just like Au or NZ, don’t you understand.
As for Bozo you know it’s only because his fake ‘transition’ actually means remain which is giving you the encouragement to talk as though Remain is still an option if you keep shouting enough for it.

The EUSSR clearly isn’t the solution to an obvious CCP coup attempt over Europe and whatever way this weird ‘virus’ fits into that.
It’s equally clearly part of the problem.

The point being that under international law France has no right to fish in the UK’s waters after Brexit but with a deal something could have been worked out as the Germans pointed out to Macron, odd that you think Macron sticking up for his fishermen is ok but not for the UK to do the same, in both countries the fishing is pretty small fry in terms of GDP, but seems to invoke a lot of passion. The Times may generally be a Tory supporting paper but it has plenty of criticism for this government and I don’t think Simon Coveny is a paid up member of the Tory party just a politician in a country that has probably the most to lose from a no deal Brexit.

I know I said I was done with this thread, but I just dipped in again from a morbid curiosity pov . :smiley:
I see a thread that has developed into a combo of Covid and Brexit…a Trucknet ■■■■■■■■■ for one or two on here…no names no pack drill (whatever tf ‘pack drill’ means :laughing: )
Off again until page 4. :smiley:

robroy:
I know I said I was done with this thread, but I just dipped in again from a morbid curiosity pov . :smiley:
I see a thread that has developed into a combo of Covid and Brexit…a Trucknet ■■■■■■■■■ for one or two on here…no names no pack drill (whatever tf ‘pack drill’ means :laughing: )

LOL :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

robroy:

His “guilty secret” is it?
RobRoy is a closet political groupie! :smiley:

robroy:
combo of Covid and Brexit…a Trucknet ■■■■■■■■■ for one or two on here…

Standard trucker these days :unamused:

Mazzer2:
The point being that under international law France has no right to fish in the UK’s waters after Brexit but with a deal something could have been worked out as the Germans pointed out to Macron, odd that you think Macron sticking up for his fishermen is ok but not for the UK to do the same, in both countries the fishing is pretty small fry in terms of GDP, but seems to invoke a lot of passion. The Times may generally be a Tory supporting paper but it has plenty of criticism for this government and I don’t think Simon Coveny is a paid up member of the Tory party just a politician in a country that has probably the most to lose from a no deal Brexit.

As I understand it (poorly as that is) the fishing border runs mostly mid-channel, and both nations currently fish across the entire width?
But post no deal Brexit we will both be on our own side?
I really must be being thick (cue applause) but…so chuffing what?
We both lose as much as we gain?
It`s a pantomime! But it is taking the focus away from the bigger issues about manufacturing, farming, and food standards.

I certainly have nothing against Simon Coveny, but maybe he is the same as me…hoping…

Edit…already
I meant the fishers gain as much territory as they lose.
They all gain tariffs, meaning cross channel trade is dearer in the market place, so producers lose out.
I think…
It``s late…
…hic…

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

robroy:

His “guilty secret” is it?
RobRoy is a closet political groupie! :smiley:

LOL he’s finally come out of the closet :smiley:

uk.yahoo.com/news/uk-could-coro … 34564.html

jakethesnake:
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Fingers crossed.
I’m not superstitious, but I am am a little stitious.

jakethesnake:
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/uk-could-coronavirus-shots-pharma-143434564.html

Don’t know about anyone else but to me the vaccine has been rushed out hell of a quick.
Doesnt it take like 18mths to two years to get new medicines on the market? This ones not even been a year yet

The-Snowman:

jakethesnake:
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Don’t know about anyone else but to me the vaccine has been rushed out hell of a quick.
Doesnt it take like 18mths to two years to get new medicines on the market? This ones not even been a year yet

The drug companies are producing some of these vaccines before they are cleared safe.
If safe and efficacious they can be used immediately. If not it’s shed loads of wasted money. Governments are helping here.
Normally production would follow tests, not run in parallel.
Also there are new techniques being used to literally “design” drugs. Gene technology from recent years puts all drug and vaccine development streets ahead of only a short while ago.
Very clever stuff.