Be punctual or be we get fined

Not too sure how much I can say (company names) so I will be vague and quick. Theres a big company in Germany which one of the companies we supply traction for hauls loads to Runcorn for. If the load does not arrive at the RDC on the booking time then the haulage company gets fined £1000. Firstly I think that is a bit extortionate, but how can anyone justify fining companies like that ? Surely they would want to keep the haulage costs down to keep the product price down. The haulier or shipping company must surely be getting a good price for the load if they are agreeing to haul for the supplier with that kind of fine hanging over every load.

I’ve heard tesco do it, or have done it in the past. you could be up to 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after your booking time or the haulier got a hefty fine.
It’s bloody ridiculous. We have strict working hours, and some of the most congested roads in Europe, but they seem to get away with this crap.
It wouldn’t happen if others involved in the logistics chain were held responsible for things like, driver hours irregularities, overloads, unsafe loads, etc. instead of just the driver and haulier being held fully responsible.
They have a system in Australia which takes all of the above problems into account, but i don’t know the name of it.

Have some one look into this who is conversent with german
haulage rules and regulations, It is LAW in germany that
delivery times must be ones that do not break any LAWS;
say for example a trip from dortmund-- to augsburg
will be given a 12-14hr allotment which is no problems,
another is load marl and deliver inside36hrs to liverpool
this is workable unless the boats/shuttle have problems,

How ironic is this? RDC’s are the reason most of us are late for our drops. You arrive at the first drop on time and sit for hours on end, either waiting to get tipped or waiting for paperwork, maybe time for suppliers to turn the tables and fine the delivery point for excessive waiting time.

I was pleased I was only doing Night Trunks for Fowler Welch, the Day drivers were forever having fines imposed by the Co-op if they were late.

But as has already been stated, you could arrive 1 hr early then sit for hours waiting to get tipped and if the next drop was delayed it was Fowlers who had to cough up (Or the Subby if it was contracted out)

I’m sure it was both the Co-op and Tescos who levied the fine for late delivery, god knows how much it cost them for 1 load I took to Livingston on a sunday night, the trailer had been dropped in the compound on the friday afternoon for delivery friday night and was forgotten about :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Any haulage company who agrees to those sort of terms deserve all they get :unamused:

Chain Of Responsibility;
vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Hea … bility.htm
I.e. the whole supply chain is responsible for illegal hours etc.This site is from VicRoads Victoria;

chainofresponsibility.com.au/

The Australian Info site,interesting know about CWR-Container weight paperwork,all containers picked up must have a weight declaration from the loader,shipper etc.

a company who i work for who deliver to a large petrol companies forecourts are getting hassle form them about delivery slots

now were delivering bread and milk to these places most of the time so you kinda just wanna get it off the motor but they are saying even if your 1 minute

yes i did say 1 minute early they kick up fuss and the driver then gets it in the neck because being one minute early is as bad as being one minute late. the company ive worked for have also said that the contract comes before the drivers (its the biggest contract they have)

whats funnier is that were pulling up outside on the public road or in the forecourt (away from the pumps) for sometimes half an hour and just sitting there waiting…which usually gets the managers over asking why were just sitting there and the amount of them that just want their stuff as early as they want is nearly all of them. each garage gets a 2 hour time window but weve got our other deliveries done aswell.

Big Joe:
Any haulage company who agrees to those sort of terms deserve all they get :unamused:

Well said.

gogzy:
a company who i work for who deliver to a large petrol companies forecourts are getting hassle form them about delivery slots

now were delivering bread and milk to these places most of the time so you kinda just wanna get it off the motor but they are saying even if your 1 minute

yes i did say 1 minute early they kick up fuss and the driver then gets it in the neck because being one minute early is as bad as being one minute late. the company ive worked for have also said that the contract comes before the drivers (its the biggest contract they have)

whats funnier is that were pulling up outside on the public road or in the forecourt (away from the pumps) for sometimes half an hour and just sitting there waiting…which usually gets the managers over asking why were just sitting there and the amount of them that just want their stuff as early as they want is nearly all of them. each garage gets a 2 hour time window but weve got our other deliveries done aswell.

This happens to us, we are give a time, eg 1500 and a window which will be 1430-1530, the pub gets told any random time within that window, lately its been half hour after ours eg 1530 so even if we are late we’re not, so to speak. Due to constant lateness they’ve taken to sending us out early, you arrive at 1430 and should be tipped as you are within window.
“sorry driver you’re an hour early there’s no-one to put it away”

Sometimes they love it when you’re early other times they just refuse to tip you until they are ready, making you late for the next pub. Aint life grand :smiley: :smiley:

tofer:

gogzy:

This happens to us, we are give a time, eg 1500 and a window which will be 1430-1530, the pub gets told any random time within that window, lately its been half hour after ours eg 1530 so even if we are late we’re not, so to speak. Due to constant lateness they’ve taken to sending us out early, you arrive at 1430 and should be tipped as you are within window.
“sorry driver you’re an hour early there’s no-one to put it away”

Sometimes they love it when you’re early other times they just refuse to tip you until they are ready, making you late for the next pub. Aint life grand :smiley: :smiley:

see because of the time windows were getting to some drops after their time window so were late anyway. some of the drivers think that this company wants rid of the one i do work for or want a better deal fromt hem and thats why they are being like this because they never used to care.

The company I was working for contracted us out to SPD/Avery Dennison. Some of the deliveries on there was timed, such as Bourne (Lincs,) where you had to be there by 12noon. I rolled in there one day at 12:05 due to an accident half a mile up the road, SPD phoned me and asked what time I got there, so I told them and the reason why. The woman got real shirty with me down the phone, basically telling me I couldn’t do my job, then she proceeded to inform me that she was fining the comapny £1000 for being late at a delivery. The fact that the guy wasnt worried at the delivery point and accepted the load anyhow is neither here nor there to some firms.

Well its time to charge demurrage when the same companies hold you up all day to tip you, this is a very unfair playing field, plus as we all know haulage is an exact science