Be careful in Aberdeen

Seen this on Facebook. And I remembered a few years ago a few lorries where torched in Aberdeen with the driver sleeping inside. Maybe it’s the same firebug.

What’s wrong with some folks !

I don’t think they actually realise people are sleeping in them or don’t even stop to consider they may be.

I remember that happening to Shetland transport outside the place I collected from on Saturday mornings. I usually parked up literally round the corner from it

And also in Grimsby a few years ago. Unfortunately the driver did not survive.

Some people have a weird mind.Who the ■■■■ sets fire to stuff for no reason.Glad to read the driver got away with his life and could go home to his family.

Maybe there was a reason. Maybe not a valid one but a reason none the less. There may have been more to it than meets the eye.

Feel free to explain when it is acceptable to cause criminal damage and/or arson. Let alone endangering life.

albion1971:
Maybe there was a reason. Maybe not a valid one but a reason none the less. There may have been more to it than meets the eye.

Reason? Like what? Are you thinking the driver had previous? Let’s here more of your loony reteric.

I think he’s talking about revenge, maybe red mist over earlier road rage or knocking someone’s bird off.
He never said it was right he said they’re may be a reason :unamused:

eagerbeaver:
Feel free to explain when it is acceptable to cause criminal damage and/or arson. Let alone endangering life.

The irony being of course EB, is that on the other thread, Albion is having a go at lorry drivers for parking on corners. Apparently there is NO reason good enough for that and any driver who does it is selfish and a moron but set fire to a lorry? Well, lets hear the guys reasons for doing it first before we apportion blame. Only Albion could use logic like that

If there WAS a reason for some kind of retaliation, a normal man would approach the other chap and have it out with him. Not set fire to a truck.

I’ve not met anyone from Aberdeen that falls into the normal category yet :laughing:

Have the police actually said that it was arson and not a fault with the vehicle that caused the fire?

Hope he got home to his family

OllieNotts:
I think he’s talking about revenge, maybe red mist over earlier road rage or knocking someone’s bird off.
He never said it was right he said they’re may be a reason :unamused:

Nice to see someone understands plain English.

I think it’s despicable (if it was arson) what happened but as I said there may be more to it than meets the eye.

Rentadent:
Have the police actually said that it was arson and not a fault with the vehicle that caused the fire?

Another possibility of course.

pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne … d-on-fire/

Somebody phone up Aberdeens police tell them to ask the driver if he cut anyone up that day or parked on a bend doing a delivery as Albion simply can’t believe the lorry driver is no way involved. I mean the guy was having a ■■■■■■■ sleep at the time but no even sleeping the driver still has got to be blamed eh Albion.

Wouldn’t surprise me if you where seen in Aberdeen in the earlier hours with how much you hate us lorry drivers you ■■■■■■■ cretin of a man.

+1 Well said Merc.

Where in Aberdeen was he parked exactly?