BCVM Autumn Transport Show 2009

Is anyone attending this,and if so,did you attend the 2008 show and what was it like insofar as entries etc?

(Big Al/Killsville?)

Ken.

Don’t know anything about it Ken.

Went to the Seddon and Atkinson day a few weeks back - really poor turnout with only about a dozen or so motors turning up. At least Big Al got his trailer light fixed/bodged!!! BCVM would do better to publicise it’s events in the magazines.

Oh, and just thought you ought to know that I sold my Atki! Didn’t really want to, but it’s gone to a good home and that was better than seeing it rot away.

The SYTM event at Meadowhall Sheffield is on the same day,and as it’s nearer,it looks like that one will be getting the pleasure of a visit with an Atki Borderer.

Hope to see your old Atki soon then now you’ve sold it.Where has it ended up then?

Ken.

Don’t expect anything spectacular at Meadowhall Ken. I went a few years ago and it’s more of a bus show with just a handful of ‘real’ wagons!

The Atki has gone to Gary Kershaw in Wakefield (former owner and restorer of the Mines Rescue Atki). Gary has traditionally been a Gardner man I think but I may have converted him to ■■■■■■■■■ He has no big plans for it at the moment - just to get it back on the road.

I’m just putting my money away at the minute until the right thing comes along! Suggestions welcome!

Looking like Sheffield gets the nod.

After speaking to Steve today,I’m of the opinion if there is a constant segregation of vehicles to their respective types,then the public are the losers.It’s nice from their perspective to see ALL types of vintage vehicles,and it’s this that has swayed it.

Ken.

Might have a run over to Meadowhall on Sunday. The Mrs is working so I’ll have a few hours spare.

Might see you there then if the weather behaves itself.

Ken.

Quinny:
Might see you there then if the weather behaves itself.

Ken.

its not at the new museum then? i took mine down to the museum on there open day. very very very very ruf road. i need to get my weight block painted before i go there.

They’re operating a free bus service to/from Meadowhall to the museum.

Got my number today,so look out for F5.

Ken.