BCA

Hi all, I’m fairly new to the industry and have been cutting my teeth on transporting refrigerated food for the last 6 months. I’ve had to tramp which is something I’d like to leave behind because I have a young child and I’d like to be home every day. There is a question about car transporter down the page, but it’s about the job in general, but not BCA.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience with BCA? On paper it looks to be a step up in pay, but I wondering is it any good? I don’t mind the job being physical, but are the conditions any good? Is it a good company to work for?

All replies welcomed. :smiley:

Thanks, Flipper

I may be wrong, but I don’t imagine BCA is day work.

Most car transport by the bigger firms is very likely to be tramping. Salvage work is more likely to be day work as far as I know.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

trucken:

simcor:
Most car transport by the bigger firms is very likely to be tramping. Salvage work is more likely to be day work as far as I know.

Unless they’re holding something back this job has been advertised as 0700-1700 Mon-Fri. I’m not daft, I don’t expect to finish at 1700, but it would be great to have an insight from someone who works for them if that’s at all possible.

Flipper71:

trucken:

simcor:

Unless they’re holding something back this job has been advertised as 0700-1700 Mon-Fri. I’m not daft, I don’t expect to finish at 1700, but it would be great to have an insight from someone who works for them if that’s at all possible.

Start at 7am finish at 5pm Monday to Friday obviously isn’t mutually exclusive with tramping.

There are Walon day/night drivers, but I think those are highly desirable jobs and get snapped up when they appear internally. There are day drivers but it’ll be on the Sensible contract (auction work only), pay is underwhelming for the work and the T&Cs crap. It’s a multidrop run out (sometimes whole load) then multiple collections on the way back in, when you’re back and unloaded you’re done. I work with some day drivers who start at 7 and regularly finish at 2.

I do know of day / night drivers at BCA but usually they do ask for trampers.
I do 4 on 4 off which i know you said you want to keep away from
tramping , but realistically it’s only 3 nights away and you’ll be home much more than working days when you factor in commuting twice a day

Flipper71:
Does anyone have any experience with BCA?

Yes.

Flipper71:
Is it any good?

No.

Flipper71:
Is it a good company to work for?

No.

The best work I’ve had which is conducive to family life is kerbside refuse/recycling work and builders merchant deliveries, but you’ll need your hiab ticket for the latter.

Could be a double shifted truck, day and night man ECM used to do that 4 on 4 off week of days week of nights

Willy Biggs:

Flipper71:

Yes.

Flipper71:
Is it any good?

No.

Flipper71:

No.

Care to elaborate?

stu675:

Willy Biggs:

Flipper71:

Yes.

Flipper71:
Is it any good?

No.

Flipper71:

No.

Care to elaborate?

Yes, it would be great if you could elaborate. :confused:

stu675:

Willy Biggs:

Flipper71:

Yes.

Flipper71:
Is it any good?

No.

Flipper71:

No.

Care to elaborate?

No