BCA

Got a notification today through one of the job search companies that BCA car transporters are advertising for drivers.
No experience needed upto £55k.
Never noticed them adverting before, guess their drivers are looking for easier work

It’s a Marmite job, a lot try it but not many like it

I trade…

Plated for BCA for a while delivering and collecting cars. If the attitude I got from the ‘team’ at the Goole car depot was anything to go by, I’d avoid them.

Similar to other adverts, I expect the 55k is achievable with 5 nights out and a bank holiday shift included.

Juddian is the man to ask about car transporters.

I see them advertising in the Chelmsford area a lot I think. But that may of been Aston Barclay now that I think of it.
Also looking at their job at Doncaster on Indeed it states £35k to 55k so that already puts me off a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some of the indeed reviews.

Constantly pushed by planners that have no clue what they are planning. Day drivers kept out well past the end of the shift, nights out dropped on you at the last minute with little to no option to turn them down, poor pay for the amount of work required, poor planning from planners that simply will not listen even if the truck breaks down they still want cars delivered. Spend most of your time in a depot waiting for hours for cars to be pulled then get blamed when deliveries are late. Constantly sent to locations not suitable for the size truck you drive.

If you can put up with rude management and staff this job is for you, a lot of favourtism in the company. if you want a day off, make sure you have relevant proof ie hospital letter etc. vehicles can be very dirty and very tired looking, apart from that could be an ok job would not recommend to a friend .

No work life balance .management bully drivers on tight dead lines , they have a high turnover of driver’s for one reason. Its the worst of the worst

Expect your every move to be watched on tracker or in cab cameras.
Bad allocation during the week with too much work allocated for a Friday to try and catch up with quotas.

Pushed to limit most days.
Cars have to be there even though you explain not enough time.
Management spineless as are union officials who seem in managements pockets.
Work not shared out equally for

They have been advertising non stop for Doncaster for at least 3 months, if not longer.

Mate of mine worked for these, he was at one depot on auction work and quite enjoyed it, went to a main fleet depot and said the staff and manager at that place were the total opposite of his other depot, manager wouldn’t let him sleep in truck on site so they fell out, asked to go back to the old depot and was told there was no vacancies.
In the end he left , only been there a year or so but unfortunately he was told he’d be earning 1k a week on main fleet and it never happened.
He said the training was good though but it was a tough job to do physically and also took a while to get your head round.

Woman Driver and ex Stobart hatchet woman from Autologic

Wheel Nut:

Not Fiona, the one with the creamy mess around the back?

It is possible to earn 55k, but you won’t, despite what they may tell you!!

Incredibly complicated pay structure that can pay really well with the right work, but there isn’t enough of the right work.

With all the recent pay rises you can probably earn more on general haulage than what you can at BCA without all the stress and hassle - it’s a tough job and I wonder why I keep doing it myself sometimes :unamused:

That said, if it’s something you want to do, then the training is great and there’s worse jobs/companies out there. Just go in with your eyes open and don’t believe everything they tell you!

peirre:

Wheel Nut:

Not Fiona, the one with the creamy mess around the back?

No not Fiona!

Avril Palmer-Baunack, head of We Buy Any Car and Cinch, also the Constellation Group.

She lasted less than three months at Stobart because her management style didn’t suit the suits!

I think she won the battle. :stuck_out_tongue:

B.c.a. SEEM TO BE TEID UP WITH Cazoo that keep advertising used cars that come to you by magic. They source them from hire firms and auction houses. Never tell you how much the car is going to cost though.

alamcculloch:
B.c.a. SEEM TO BE TEID UP WITH Cazoo that keep advertising used cars that come to you by magic. They source them from hire firms and auction houses. Never tell you how much the car is going to cost though.

There are so many cars on personal lease with mileage limits, motability cars, business lease and demonstrators available, they are underwritten by the remarketing companies as soon as they are delivered to the customer.

Car supermarkets are another outlet for auction vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk