BCA Car Transporters

Just curious.
They have advertised for a rigid driver at Upper Heyford.
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them.
Getting bored where I am.
Need a new challenge.
TIA.

Always advertising in Southampton area so make of that what you will!

Young lad left our place last year,to work for them.
4 on 4 off…he tramps,but the bloke he shares the truck with, doesn’t.
Don’t know the ins and outs…but the other week he did an extra shift…and took home well over 800 bar.

That heyford place is massive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did transporters back in the day when they had these horrible front overhangs on artics and no safety rails. Anyway I digress, got a couple of mates in the UK who have been on them for about three years. They love it and the trucks are a lot easier to drive as well! Not for everyone as it takes a bit of learning but if you are keen you will soon pick it up. Even easier with a rigid. Not so nice in the cold wet days though.

Thanks for the response fellas.
It’s a Class Two Driver Demonstrator they’re looking for.
Something I never thought of doing but sounds interesting.

Got a mate works out of Heyford. He loves it and earn good money.

Got another mate who tried for a job there but was told no as essentially he was too fat.

I’ve been offered a job there but said no as I work less than five mins away from my front door.

toonsy:

Got another mate who tried for a job there but was told no as essentially he was too fat.

I’ve been offered a job there but said no as I work less than five mins away from my front door.

Is your mate Class Two like what they’re currently advertising for?

Steve66:

toonsy:

No the he’s class one hence why I didn’t go too deep into terms as obviously it won’t be the same.

What I will say is… try it. You won’t know until you give it a go.

toonsy:

Steve66:

toonsy:

No the he’s class one hence why I didn’t go too deep into terms as obviously it won’t be the same.

What I will say is… try it. You won’t know until you give it a go.

Thanks for that.
I’ve put my CV in to them and now wait for a response.
I’ll let you know if I hear back from them.