BBC2 9pm tonight

Who’s now going to beep their horn when going past those 2 sad bar stewards house’s ?

Not good to see trucks swerving round the truck that was shutting the motorway though.

Boring pish :neutral_face:

Must have taken some filming keep swopping the 1 brain cell between all the road workers what a bunch of retards .

As for the 2 puffs moaning about the noise move house ■■■■ its not rocket science

M62 towards Manchester . did they not use the smooth machine on that bit.

Same time next week live feed back

Daytrunker:
, what they dont realise drivers got jobs to do and deadline to keep to, , .

Ah yeah I think they do, ■■■■. “Ooh, gotta get that delivery through at all costs, ■■■■ it if I kill someone, as long as those Cucumbers get through that’s all I’m worried about”

Priorities all wrong, but still nothing more than I expect!

Daytrunker:
Must have taken some filming keep swopping the 1 brain cell between all the road workers what a bunch of retards .

Like lots of lorry drivers I’ve come across. There were at least half a dozen examples at the lane closure.

Highlight for me was that bloke
screaming into that decibel meter
and his cat legging it. :laughing:

That was comedy gold.
Those whinging ■■■■■ can’t be real…

Pretty embarrassing to watch as a truck driver. No amount of poor editing can hype up the dangerous drivers cutting over the island at the lane closure.
Om surprised they didn’t allow a temp closure so the fitter could remove the tyre and get the truck moving instead of leaving it blocking the road.

J_K:
That was comedy gold.
Those whinging [zb] can’t be real…

I bet their wifes are packing their bags as we speak,complete numtys :blush: :blush:

m1cks:
Om surprised they didn’t allow a temp closure so the fitter could remove the tyre and get the truck moving instead of leaving it blocking the road.

Depending on the slip rd layout etc do you think it could have been limped off to shift it somewhere safer and out of the way ?

speedyguy:

m1cks:

Depending on the slip rd layout etc do you think it could have been limped off to shift it somewhere safer and out of the way ?

Possibly not without damaging it further.
I’m sure one of the HA workers here would have a reason why not but I dont see why the fitter couldnt jack up the axle from underneath, HA park 4x4 in lane 2 temporarily while nuts and tyre removed (less than 5 minutes) once tyre removed 4x4 reversed back into lane 1 and fitter changes tyre in his van then HA use 4x4 for temporary lane 2 block again while tyre put back on (another 5 minutes) jack can be removed from underneath and then moved somewhere safe for torque/retorque. This to me seems feasable and gets the road reopened quicker and keeps disruption to a minimum. Of course the variable we dont know is what time it happened. There’s a big difference between waiting till 7pm if it’s 16:00 and waiting till 7 if it’s 18:30.

m1cks:

speedyguy:

m1cks:

Possibly not without damaging it further.
I’m sure one of the HA workers here would have a reason why not but I dont see why the fitter couldnt jack up the axle from underneath, HA park 4x4 in lane 2 temporarily while nuts and tyre removed (less than 5 minutes) once tyre removed 4x4 reversed back into lane 1 and fitter changes tyre in his van then HA use 4x4 for temporary lane 2 block again while tyre put back on (another 5 minutes) jack can be removed from underneath and then moved somewhere safe for torque/retorque. This to me seems feasable and gets the road reopened quicker and keeps disruption to a minimum. Of course the variable we dont know is what time it happened. There’s a big difference between waiting till 7pm if it’s 16:00 and waiting till 7 if it’s 18:30.

Yup but if a tyres goosed it’s goosed, It wouldn’t help if it shredded and left debris behind in the live lane.

As for your suggestion in the past when on road we flipped a block on after fitter had removed nuts and just needed to ‘smack’ the wheel off, changed tyre on HS then quick block again while it was flipped on. It saved an extra 20 mins or so of unnecessary lane closure but had to be weighed up against the risk of the extra block, would i do it again given the chance ? Pos not.
You can guarantee that CCTV is trained on the TO’s whenever possible and any attempt to ‘wriggle a fix’ by stepping outside “procedures” will be met with an invite to a meeting without coffee.

But as you say every job has different variables :slight_smile:

Laurel and Hardy made me laugh complaining about the noise and lights flashing on the night works. ■■■■■■■ nimbys do my head in :imp: they’re like the retards that decide to live next to an airport but complain about boeings and Airbuses flying about 50 foot above their houses or folk that move to the country and complain about the farmers hens waking them up at 5:00 am :unamused:

Did you notice the Chuckle brothers that were moaning about the noise and the collection of very expensive cars on the drive.
The house looked like a lot of money had been spent.They could afford to move.

You bought a house next to a frigging motorway what do you expect!!! I hope anyone related to them is now cringing and wishing the ground would swallow them up… What a knob head.

Why is the M6 Toll so empty? Why do you only see “audis, BMWs and Mercedes?” Anything to do with the price?

Whining about no Hard shoulder? Like the hard shoulder on the A1? Or the A55? Or the A14? Or the [insert any trunk dual carraigeway here]?

Mainly criticisms brought up by the wife, who doesn’t drive that much and works in an office.

Jamieg:
Not good to see trucks swerving round the truck that was shutting the motorway though.

+1

It’s a bit special we live in a country where pallets of bog rolls need securing in a curtainsider with 5t ratchet straps but it’s ok to have guys running across a motorway with signs.

Ironically the only bloke in the programme who didn’t seem like a complete muppet was the one picking up the litter.

As for the chancers trying to blag a hotel stay cos they bought a house next to a motorway well can’t believe they’d show their faces on national telly.

J_K:
That was comedy gold.
Those whinging [zb] can’t be real…

:smiley: where is harry hill when you need him.lol :smiley:

Own Account Driver:
it’s ok to have guys running across a motorway with signs

I know its dangerous, the only other alternative is to put a rolling road block on, that would cause mayhem with the volume of traffic in that area.