BBC 1 World on fire

Anybody else watching it?
Second series, set in WW2.
Stories cover North Afruca Tobruk campaign, French resistance helping stranded RAF pilots, MI5,.and the ■■■■ Lebensborn scheme.

Worth watching if you are interested in WW2 stories as I am.

Yes at least the second episode wasn’t quite as cringeingly awful as the first. I forgive the need to retain the young boy who has mysteriously grown at least 18 inches in less than 6 months and I do get that expense and rarity of period props means we wouldn’t see these films if it wasn’t for CG but this one could have been done better using set backdrops held in store from the 1920’s era of silent films.

Apart from that we started episode one of series two with the heroes on a 1960’s or 1970’s bus with IIRC the brown paper, anti-shatter, glass protection on the outside of the windows. Then we have two Hurricane night fighters flying in formation chasing some Heinkels which are also flying in formation. Next the heroine’s ambulance hits a large pothole and bursts the driver’s side front tyre. We then see her changing the passenger side front wheel!

Later in the desert a sapper is lying on his stomach defusing mine which blows up in his face, this doesn’t kill him or injure his face or arms but wounds his hip.

Later still or in episode 2 the night fighter pilots are in their well- lit dispersal hut. One of them is wearing dark goggles to preserve his night vision but when the alarm goes he rips them off indoors before going outside.

Who are these luvvies scriptwriting, producing and directing?

^^^ Excellent review. I won’t bother then lol.

Didn’t know it was the 2nd series. Saw the trailer on iplayer which looked quite good, thought I’ll get round to watching it.

cav551:
Yes at least the second episode wasn’t quite as cringeingly awful as the first. I forgive the need to retain the young boy who has mysteriously grown at least 18 inches in less than 6 months and I do get that expense and rarity of period props means we wouldn’t see these films if it wasn’t for CG but this one could have been done better using set backdrops held in store from the 1920’s era of silent films.

Apart from that we started episode one of series two with the heroes on a 1960’s or 1970’s bus with IIRC the brown paper, anti-shatter, glass protection on the outside of the windows. Then we have two Hurricane night fighters flying in formation chasing some Heinkels which are also flying in formation. Next the heroine’s ambulance hits a large pothole and bursts the driver’s side front tyre. We then see her changing the passenger side front wheel!

Later in the desert a sapper is lying on his stomach defusing mine which blows up in his face, this doesn’t kill him or injure his face or arms but wounds his hip.

Later still or in episode 2 the night fighter pilots are in their well- lit dispersal hut. One of them is wearing dark goggles to preserve his night vision but when the alarm goes he rips them off indoors before going outside.

Who are these luvvies scriptwriting, producing and directing?

Ok,.but apart from that what do you think about it? :laughing: :laughing:

My Dad is fascinated by WWII stories… We kids were practically brought up on stuff like “World at War” and “Secret Army” years long ago.

It is a shame we are now being slipped WWIII by the backdoor, but no morale-boosting stories of heros and villains are making the press, probably because the press are one OF the villains in this new “War”.

Word has it that the Wildfires in Greece - have ALL been deliberately started…
I am not satisfied there is enough evidence that a certain skully-headed high viz outfit are behind it as yet, so I’ll reserve judgement for now.

One thing for sure though - the action, if criminal is deep-state approved…

These carbon maniacs - think that reducing CO2 in the atmosphere - helps the Earth, when all it does is upset the natural balance.
Less CO2 means less plant growth, whilst at the same time encouraging more fires, due to an oxygen-enriched atmopshere.

Nature - finds a way, however.
FIRES use up the excess Oxygen, and fertilize the soil at the same time - re-encouraging the very plant growth that the maniacs sought to destroy, in order to get a corner on the world food supply…

Of COURSE the Carbon Maniacs are in bed with the Deep State!

Wow ! :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
Wow ! :laughing: :laughing:

Isn’t it just? :open_mouth:

Winseer, every morning, when I leave my house, to here is a dog pooh on the pavement, exactly equidistant from my garden fence and the pavement curb. What does this mean?

Your insight is appreciated.

robroy:
Wow ! [emoji38] [emoji38]

Wasn’t that the reply you fully expected as op? [emoji23]

Re winseer’s post above. I can’t comment on the numbers he claims but there is a history of arsonists being the cause of some of these fires.I spend half the year in Spain and several of their wildfires,over recent years,have resulted in prosecutions of arsonists.This reported in local and national press.
Back in the UK there have been several fire breakouts on the moorlands of the pennines over the last few years which resulted in the authorities offering advice to the more idiotic amongst us not to take barbecues onto dry moorland.Also fires can start by leaving glass behind as litter.
Clearly the MSM and climate change fanatics are keen to push their agenda.The latter are not helped by the stupid woman weeping on TV that global warming and climate change had caused the death of her grandson’s fish in his garden pond;also the young male who claimed that people were dying because the sweat on their bodies was boiling them to death.He could have been taking the p of course.
Meanwhile at my little pied a terre in Spain it’s 37C today.Warm?Certainly.It’s summer in the Med.isn’t it ?

> Winseer:
> These carbon maniacs - think that reducing CO2 in the atmosphere - helps the Earth, when all it does is upset the natural balance.
> Less CO2 means less plant growth, whilst at the same time encouraging more fires, due to an oxygen-enriched atmopshere.
>
> Of COURSE the Carbon Maniacs are in bed with the Deep State!

You are CF and I claim my £5

I’ve only “Claimed” not to be completely sure that Extinction Rebellion/Just stop Oil or any other so-called “Greenster” outfit - are behind these fires, that promote natural re-growth, and turn back the clock on man-made damage done to Mankind itself from “Bent Science”.

Elon Musk is right to ask for serious debate on the issues of Bent Science, of course…
Because he’s got the clout right now - people will listen to him.

I on the other hand, have NO clout, but still maintain the power of free speech to say what I like on here, and fewer other places than is healthy in a so-called “Free Country”.

Putting my Devil’s advocate hat on a moment, you can see why so many follow Green issues and Far Left issues - they are simply PAID to be of that camp - pure and simple.

If YOU were out of work, no job, no prospects and you got offered money to say,

(1) turn up where we tell you to, for instance Bournemouth to protest at the “Barge”, or an Airport to protest against Deportations to Rwanda…

(2) Practice our mantra “Right Wing” = Your enemy you must hate forever and ever.

(3) Are you Left wing enough to be one of us? - The ends justify the means. If Violence and Destruction is all the Far Right (of Karl Marx) will listen to -then so be it!

(4) You must believe all lies told you by our on-board media. You must disbelieve all facts told to you by those not on board with us as “Lies” - even when proven by facts and science combined.

(5) If you work in a position where you can destroy ballots for the Right, and stuff ballots for the Left - then it is your given duty to those you’ll never meet - to act to make sure elections never permit a Right-Wing super majority to ever happen in open and free elections, whilst hopefully rigging future ballots so the Right actually lose power outright, despite having their “Moral Majority” as they always have had…

And best of all…

(6) You can work for the deep state, receive a “retainer” income from us, and STILL CLAIM BENEFITS as “Protesting” doesn’t mean you are “Moonlighting” and in any case, further of our number work in unemployment offices, who’ll make sure only needy Disabled and Old people get benefit-sanctioned (making the incumbent government not us look bad) whilst those on OUR payroll never get stopped benefits, nor taxes as we’ll use every tax avoidance method in the book to make that so.

“The Devil makes work for Idle Hands” - weather or not you believe in God or the Devil.

“Not believing you’ll go to hell for being Evil” - makes one very powerful, of course.

Is there such thing as a “Good Atheist”?

Sure! - They are the ones that can still be sold to, on what’s right and wrong.

Such people actually face the biggest danger of all though.

From Satan’s point of view, “I want people that are likely to convert in the future - to all be dead, so I have them all tagged and bagged down here in Hell, redemption forever out of their reach, as soon as they shuffle off their mortal coils!”

The road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions, of Good people who did Nothing whilst they were still alive to yet achieve, and Good Deeds that got waylaid by apparant “Chance” events that distracted them from doing the Right Thing when a rare opportunity to make a difference was available to them…

robroy:
Anybody else watching it?
Second series, set in WW2.
Stories cover North Afruca Tobruk campaign, French resistance helping stranded RAF pilots, MI5,.and the ■■■■ Lebensborn scheme.

Worth watching if you are interested in WW2 stories as I am.

“World on Fire” - is taken as another meaning, right now, of course…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbDSdgetOE (Canada)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXh1N1hKoI (Sicily)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VS2B8AOJL8 (Greece)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHSn2I3gJDw (Spain)
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_gshxJHtcxs (Algeria)

Did we learn ANYTHING from WWII to help us defend ourselves better from the attrition of WWIII already started? :frowning:

Oh dear the dire blockbuster continues. The officer is briefing his men on the next mission in the desert, however he appears to have his compass the wrong way round on top of his map. The black-painted Hurricane nightfighter sets out on its sortie to France … in the day, flying through ■■■■■■■■■■■■ clouds and a thunderstorm. We see the pilot a little later flying straight and level and failing to look around (or to look in the missing rear view miror) for ‘the hun in the sun’. He is then shot down, struggling with the canopy he is just about to crash into trees which seem to be about 100 ft away, we hear the aircraft crash… and next scene there he is having parachuted safely to the ground. Another pilot after talking to an ‘erk’ next to his Hurricane prop then gets into the cockpit on the Starboard side - (the step is on the other side) Meanwhile our heroes in the desert nick a kubelwagen from under the nose of the Jerries , two of whom then open up with sub machine guns from about 50 feet away … and miss! What may be a day later the kubelwagen screeches to halt …on sand. There is then discussion about whether to go back and look for a prisoner who has fallen off the back, they do so and then it won’t start because the battery is more or less flat. So they set off on foot: without looking for the starting handle?? Jesus wept.

^^^^^^^ :laughing:
You remind me of my Dad cav :smiley: .
He’s ex Royal Navy,.ex submariner, if he’s watching a film all you can here is…’
‘‘Well that’s all bloody wrong for starters. , that ship is this, or that uniform badge is that, that flag is wrong, that ain’t a proper depth charge, he would never have said/done that in that situation’’ …:smiley: and on and on.

You can’t enjoy the bloody film for him :smiley: …and this is when I have took him to the cinema among other people…not sat in his front room watching tv. :smiley:

Winseer:
It is a shame we are now being slipped WWIII by the backdoor, but no morale-boosting stories of heros and villains are making the press, probably because the press are one OF the villains in this new “War”.

Word has it that the Wildfires in Greece - have ALL been deliberately started…
I am not satisfied there is enough evidence that a certain skully-headed high viz outfit are behind it as yet, so I’ll reserve judgement for now.

One thing for sure though - the action, if criminal is deep-state approved…

These carbon maniacs - think that reducing CO2 in the atmosphere - helps the Earth, when all it does is upset the natural balance.
Less CO2 means less plant growth, whilst at the same time encouraging more fires, due to an oxygen-enriched atmopshere.

Nature - finds a way, however.
FIRES use up the excess Oxygen, and fertilize the soil at the same time - re-encouraging the very plant growth that the maniacs sought to destroy, in order to get a corner on the world food supply…

Of COURSE the Carbon Maniacs are in bed with the Deep State!

Do you ever stop for a second to think about what you are actually posting? This is about a TV programme on BBC1 set during the 2nd world war, what in the hell has any of the above waffle got to to do with that?

robroy:
He’s ex Royal Navy,.ex submariner, if he’s watching a film all you can here is…’
‘‘Well that’s all bloody wrong for starters. , that ship is this, or that uniform badge is that, that flag is wrong, that ain’t a proper depth charge, he would never have said/done that in that situation’’ …:smiley: and on and on.

You can’t enjoy the bloody film for him :smiley: …and this is when I have took him to the cinema among other people…not sat in his front room watching tv. :smiley:

Can’t be doing with all that myself and I know people who do it too. It’s a bloody TV programme or film - doesn’t matter what it is or what it’s about, treat it as it’s meant to be treated and just enjoy it or don’t watch. It’s supposed to be entertainment or a form of escape.

tmcassett:

robroy:

Can’t be doing with all that myself and I know people who do it too. It’s a bloody TV programme or film - doesn’t matter what it is or what it’s about, treat it as it’s meant to be treated and just enjoy it or don’t watch. It’s supposed to be entertainment or a form of escape.

Nah my Dad is perfectionist who pays attention to detail, not just in films and tv programmes either.
When I was a lad I had to polish my shoes every night before I went to school.and have em ready for ‘‘Chief Petty Officer’s inspection’’ when done. :smiley: .
It didn’t do me any harm tbf.

But aye he can be a pain to watch a military based film with, especially anything to do with the Navy. :smiley: