Bays

Just had a UK Mail 4 wheeler push rounde at Clipper Logistics Northampton.
I was waiting patiently on the road outside for some one to come out, he pulls round me & gets in a right state shunting backwards & forwards when he cant go anywhere. So I Tooted him & did the WTF with my arms & he pretended not to see me (Knob) When I finally got booked in & que’ed up behind him I congragulated & thanked him for pushing in. He just played the Prat & made himself out to be Dumb & said that he thought I was parked up. (Knob ‘again’) :cry:

martinviking:
I was waiting patiently on the road outside for some one to come out, he pulls round me & gets in a right state shunting backwards & forwards when he cant go anywhere. So I Tooted him & did the WTF with my arms & he pretended not to see me (Knob) When I finally got booked in & que’ed up behind him I congragulated & thanked him for pushing in. He just played the Prat & made himself out to be Dumb & said that he thought I was parked up. (Knob ‘again’) :cry:

Maybe it’s just me but if there is doubt if a truck is parked up or in the que i tend to ask ,“scuse me mate are in the que?” generally does the trick

i understand that this may be a difficult concept for some but maybe there is a course or some kind of literature they can use to understand better

martyh:

martinviking:

Maybe it’s just me but if there is doubt if a truck is parked up or in the que i tend to ask ,“scuse me mate are in the que?” generally does the trick

i understand that this may be a difficult concept for some but maybe there is a course or some kind of literature they can use to understand better

Same reason the muppet gave me

mickyblue:
Same reason the muppet gave me

Thats fine, but once you’ve shown him the error of his ways then any one with an ounce of decency would have appologised and pulled off immidiately. Personally I’d be mortified and feel like a right canute if I’d inadvertantely jumped a queue and would take my place at the back the second I’d realised. I believe in manners and doing the right thing and I can also be difficult so had that been me and we wouldn’t move to make way for you, I’d have parked infront of him and refused to move when he wanted to leave, saying that you didn’t see him there and you’ve now started a 45 minute break. Lock the truck and walk off somewhere. I’ve never actually had to do that yet because the threat of it has made the other driver back down and bugger off. Fortunetely I’ve always worked for small firms with 30 or less trucks who would back me up in such circumstances, if you work for a big spineless company who’d sack you for sticking to your princepals then fair enough, not much you can do unless you’re prepared to fall on your sword.
I did once pull out and block the whole access road off to a factory when one of the owners pulled up in his car and singled me out for some undeserved verbal abuse when I was minding my own business sitting on the bed and eating my dinner, while stationary in a queue of trucks, where I’d been for two hours by that point. He got very aggressive with me with all sorts of threats so I pulled out and jacked my cab across the road so nobody could get in or out. Suprising how the jumped up twerp backed down and I was tipped within 30 minutes, despite the previous threats to my self, my company and how he’d make sure I was sacked within the day. Unfortunetely for him and his Bentley, there was only one way in and out of his yard, and he was on the wrong side of me and I had a bed in my truck and enough food and water for a week. He didn’t. The bottom line is that I never go looking for trouble and always try and be nice to everybody I meet but when some prat like that has a go at me for no reason, I wont lay down and take it. Nor would I if somebody pushed in front on a bay like that.

nearly had fights with dhl drivers doin this

That’s fine, but once you’ve shown him the error of his ways then any one with an ounce of decency would have apologised and pulled off immediately. Personally I’d be mortified and feel like a right Canute if I’d inadvertently jumped a queue and would take my place at the back the second I’d realised. I believe in manners and doing the right thing

+1

Just like today in a store car park which is also an unloading point whilst unloading i stopped and moved the truck to the other side to allow an artic to pull in along side me. I would rather do that then have him waiting because we all want to get on and get the job done

mickyblue:
+1

Just like today in a store car park which is also an unloading point whilst unloading i stopped and moved the truck to the other side to allow an artic to pull in along side me. I would rather do that then have him waiting because we all want to get on and get the job done

Exactly. I do still think that most people would do the right thing when it comes down to it, we just have more muppets doing the job these days than before. Another example is when I arrived somewhere with a euroliner and a full load involving a full stip out with about 50 wooden boards, 18 span sets and the like and a guy pulls in 5 minutes after I get there with a pallet or two, obviously under pressure on multidrop etc, theres no way in hell that I’d have him wait for me to faff about for an hour getting tipped and always insist that they tip him first. Last winter back in the UK I had this down in Bodmin and the forky got quite annoyed with me and insisted on tipping me first to teach the owner of the rigid waiting to tip 3 pallets a lesson. Like I said, the owner doesn’t care what you do, the only person you’re affecting is the poor guy behind the wheel who’s at the sharp end and whatever greivence you’ve got with his boss, its not fair on the driver. In the end he caved in and tipped the rigid, the driver was pleased, thanked me and shook my hand and I felt happy knowing I’d helped him out and saved him at least one headache that day.

For an arse like this i always carry a valve key, the time waiting for the tyre fitter to turn should negate any time they gained queue jumping.

There’s too much of this. I have returned to driving after a long spell away and I am amazed at how much its changed. When I first passed my test other drivers advised and often helped. Drivers chatted at fuel stations and cafes. You would see a driver passing the other way if on a regular route and after a while you’d flash or thumbs up.

I think the term was Knights of the road. I would guess a lot could be named Sh**es of the road now. Barging in on bays, overtake like loons, cutting at roundabouts, travelling at an uncomfortable distance behind you until you have to let them pass.

The trucks are lovely now (Although a but boring) but the job has gone to the dogs.

Its no wonder employers treat us with contempt.

dismiss me as an old ■■■■ but I tell no lies

midlifetrucker:
There’s too much of this. I have returned to driving after a long spell away and I am amazed at how much its changed. When I first passed my test other drivers advised and often helped. Drivers chatted at fuel stations and cafes. You would see a driver passing the other way if on a regular route and after a while you’d flash or thumbs up.

I think the term was Knights of the road. I would guess a lot could be named Sh**es of the road now. Barging in on bays, overtake like loons, cutting at roundabouts, travelling at an uncomfortable distance behind you until you have to let them pass.

The trucks are lovely now (Although a but boring) but the job has gone to the dogs.

Its no wonder employers treat us with contempt.

dismiss me as an old ■■■■ but I tell no lies

I do agree. I’ve been driving since the age of 21 in 2005 and went with my dad as a kid from about 1990 onwards and its a totally different job now, which in my opinion is a great pity. My own view is that much of this new attitude has come about during the boom years of the 2000s when so many peolpe entered the industry due to the high wages being advertised, often by agencies when ordinarily those people would never have had any interest in lorry driving otherwise. This has led to a huge influx of “drivers” who basically hate the job, are in most cases totally incapable of doing the job properly and treat the job and their colleages with contempt because they resent being there.

lankyphil:
Speak to the back door man. Show him your notes so he knows you’re ‘next’ in the queue and he might also make space for your delivery so you’re not sat there with it half on half off the leveller… or maybe not, but it’s worth a try…

This.