Bath Ban

I’ve heard a few times on here about a lorry ban on a main road in bath.

I found out through google its on the A36, where does the restriction start and stop?

I had a call from the guy I do some work for this afternoon and I’ve got a run tomorrow and he just said its near Bath so I wanted to make sure I know where the no go area is.

I don’t know if it’s started yet but have a feeling it’s to do with the bridge in the middle. They are putting a 7.5t on it making you go round.

oh right, from what I read it was an 18t limit?

LR18-8:
oh right, from what I read it was an 18t limit?

That’s what I understood too, and yes it is the bridge by the fire station.

I shan’t miss it; it might be handy cutting though Bath out of hours but in the daytime that ridiculous bus lane probably loses you as much time as the diversion.

I’ll just see how it goes, it might not even be that far into bath.

No lorry ban as yet. May not ever happen.

Sorry got the weight wrong, but as said above its not happened yet.

Went through there yesterday, apparently if it does go ahead its a long time away yet .

Don’t even think about going through Bradford On Avon if over 17 tonnes as you will get the Local Lorry watch busy bodies on your case! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

This ban was supposed to be in this month, so they said last year. The details (including maps but no dates) are here:- democracy.bathnes.gov.uk/mgIssue … 5517&Opt=0. This effectively means (if implemented and it does say “experimental”) no vehicles above 18t can use the A36/A46 directly as there are 7.5t limits in Bath and Bradford-O-A is indeed a big no-no.

Cheers for the info.

Turns out it wasn’t ‘in’ Bath anyway. It was Avon rubber on the Leafield Ind estate in Corsham :smiley:

Was a nice little run too. I’m still quite inexperienced so nice easy runs like that are very welcomed :smiley:

Got another tomorrow :smiley:

Sorry to drag this one back but just seen this;

thisissomerset.co.uk/Bath-lo … story.html

I use this road all the time as my yard is near shaftbury and to get to the m4 it’s the only rout

Angus25:
I use this road all the time as my yard is near shaftbury and to get to the m4 it’s the only rout

You could always use the A350 through Westbury to get to the M4, dam sight quicker some times as well.

Cheers for the update. Good news, even for the residents (if only in terms of getting goods a bit cheaper etc.) Time for that bypass!

Snudger:
Cheers for the update. Good news, even for the residents (if only in terms of getting goods a bit cheaper etc.) Time for that bypass!

You’re welcome! :smiley:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. Why not a new road to join the A36 to the A46? Problem solved.

Bacon Sandwich:
Why not a new road to join the A36 to the A46? Problem solved

Why oh why did they not do that when they built the new section a few years ago it would only be barely 2 miles. :bulb:

bald bloke:

Bacon Sandwich:

Why oh why did they not do that when they built the new section a few years ago it would only be barely 2 miles. :bulb:

Probably because it was a good idea.

You should know by now that good ideas never catch on!

Bacon Sandwich:

bald bloke:

Bacon Sandwich:

Probably because it was a good idea.

You should know by now that good ideas never catch on!

It was rejected because it would spoil the view