Bastard cleanaway driver

…so i’m driving through this villiage earlier on the way back to the depot. It’s a 30 limit and quite narrow.
I see a dustcart coming the other way so i slow right up pull hard to the left and stop. The peice of ■■■■ driving the cleanway waggon just hammers through at 30+ taking my O/S mirror with him.
Did the scumbag even bother to stop?
Couldnt get a number because i didnt have a mirror left to look in! What a peice of scum, not as if he’d be paying for the mirror, the my window had been open i’d have been showered in glass, he just didnt give a toss.

My boss has just said dont worry about it. I’m still going to ring Cleanaways TM tomorrow and give he or she a peice of my mind. I doubt they’ll admit to anything but at least the TM might get the driver in the office and give him a rollocking.

OK rant over

i had the same thing happen to me with a bin wagon on the hawes to leyburn road. i had almost stopped he never slowed down at all and took the whole mirror off showered me with glass .he never stopped .
what a gifted chap i thought to myself

Had a Taylored Lines artic do it to me right on that tight bend as you come off Stourton doughnut and drop down into the container base in Leeds. It was clear I was already coming round the corner up to the roundabout and he just came hammering down full pelt and took the mirror clean off, along with the support arm and the whole lot came through the window which smashed and my hand got cut badly. I was absolutely [zb] fuming.

I went round the doughnut and back down into the containerbase as he never stopped. It took me a while to find the [zb] but I found him right down at the end near Frightliner, I think he was delivering to Toshiba. I didn’t half lay into him and phoned his company up. Turned out to be an agency driver. I didn’t bother [zb] ■■■■■■■■ him but I made enough of a scene to all the other driver’s stood about chatting with regards what had just happened.

[zb] [zb] they are. :angry:

Ring them Dennis, the truck that hit you must have some sign of damage to his mirror or whatever hit you, and Cleanaway must have a record of who was in your area on that day and time if it was a bin wagon.

Don’t bother with Plod as all they do is give you a producer and ignore everything else :unamused:

I have been aiming to give them a ring, but havent had time to sort it out, i’ve been working non stop since :frowning:

Atleast i’ve been working non stop in a Lorry rather than a van though! :smiley: (well ok i did stop for required breaks etc)

Delivering round a The world heratige site that is Central Canterbury is quite satisfying, most of the roads were meant for a horse and cart!