Basingstoke Skip Hire

Does anyone have any knowledge and experiences with this company?..the usual pay, conditions and so on. Also…what is the work like driving ejector trailers and picking up skips and roll on/off’s? Just want to know how dirty it is :confused:

Doesn’t sound like sainsbury’s mate.

waynedl:
Doesn’t sound like sainsbury’s mate.

I know…but I’ve heard the money is good doing this sort of work so thinking of enquiring.

i’ve no idea about the company but ejector trailers are ok if a little unstable feeling , you should’nt get very dirty with those . skips are an aquired taste , personaly i hate them , you are forever jumping in and out of the wagon and you will get dirty doing that job.
ro/ro’s are a different matter , i loved my time on those and if you have easy sheet ,and it’s in working order , you wont really need to get dirty .
are they tipping on landfill do you know ? because if they are and you hav’nt done it before it can be a little " sqeaky bum " if you get my drift …

Adam_Mc:
Does anyone have any knowledge and experiences with this company?..the usual pay, conditions and so on. Also…what is the work like driving ejector trailers and picking up skips and roll on/off’s? Just want to know how dirty it is :confused:

bowser:
i’ve no idea about the company but ejector trailers are ok if a little unstable feeling , you should’nt get very dirty with those . skips are an aquired taste , personaly i hate them , you are forever jumping in and out of the wagon and you will get dirty doing that job.
ro/ro’s are a different matter , i loved my time on those and if you have easy sheet ,and it’s in working order , you wont really need to get dirty .
are they tipping on landfill do you know ? because if they are and you hav’nt done it before it can be a little " sqeaky bum " if you get my drift …

Adam_Mc:

Haven’t a clue…I’m more than happy doing the ejector bit…but the bit that doesn’t appeal to me is the roro’s…I watched a biffa do one of the swaps and the ■■■■ the poured out of the back was disgusting and the driver got a bit of it splashed onto him…didn’t look good and the smell wasn’t great either, just don’t fancy smelling bad all day! But I presume the ejectors would be landfill work though…why’s it a twitchy bumhole job? lol

its twitchy bum because of what the landfill job is like , it can be a bit rushed at times and you get the feeling when you first start doing it that you are making a complete prat out of yourself , the trick is to get stuck and let them get you out the way they always do , they drag you like a rag doll , when you get used to it you do enjoy it but it something you’ll need to get used to first . also its a very health and safety concious environment so be warned you will , quite rightly , get shouted at a few times from the grumpy old machine drivers . ( they all have them ) . it was a job i enjoyed to be honest but its niot for everyone .

dont worry about thr ro/ro’s you will learn the hard way to get out of the way like a ballet dancer … i wonder if thats what they call " soap " that you watched being tipped … they should have what look like nappys that are wrapped under the back door for jobs like that … ro/ro’s are easier than they look honestly … you can always tell the new driver from the old ones , the new ones always look like they’ve been coal mining at the end of the day …

the job wont be for you ,going by your above posts :wink:

You’re the second person to pick up on this whilst “nit picking”, but like the person before you, you’re also very stupid with it! DRIVING wise I aspire to drive for Sainsbury’s, true…but if you’d bothered to quote all of my previous post on this, it’s not going to be my career! The reason I want to drive for Sainsbury’s is because for a 48hr week they pay 36k a year basic salary…soon going up to £37.5k - £38k. Currently that works out at 2K a month take home…which will fund my training to become an airline pilot, which is what I wan’t to do for a career! You used bin driving to fund yourself to becoming a manager of the Criminal Justice Team whilst studying at Leeds Uni…I wan’t to use Sainsbury’s to fund my flying, same principles!

Remember this?

Stick with Sainsbury’s mush!

MrHappy:
You’re the second person to pick up on this whilst “nit picking”, but like the person before you, you’re also very stupid with it! DRIVING wise I aspire to drive for Sainsbury’s, true…but if you’d bothered to quote all of my previous post on this, it’s not going to be my career! The reason I want to drive for Sainsbury’s is because for a 48hr week they pay 36k a year basic salary…soon going up to £37.5k - £38k. Currently that works out at 2K a month take home…which will fund my training to become an airline pilot, which is what I wan’t to do for a career! You used bin driving to fund yourself to becoming a manager of the Criminal Justice Team whilst studying at Leeds Uni…I wan’t to use Sainsbury’s to fund my flying, same principles!

Remember this?

Stick with Sainsbury’s mush!

I think I will :stuck_out_tongue: