Basingstoke Parking

How do chaps. I’m having my weekly rest in glamorous Basingstoke this weekend. Anyone know of a place I can park that’s a reasonable distance from the town etc? Just an industrial estate will do. Not starting till late Monday so one without parking restrictions. Tipping in Sainsburys tomorrow. Thank you in anticipation of your help. ONWARD

Oh and when I say walking distance I mean one and a half to two miles, I like walking.

I’ve parked overnight outside Travis Perkins before, which is in Roentgen Rd, but I’m not sure how far from town it is.

Park up across the road from Sainsburys RDC in one of the streets and it seems pritty central… DOnt think it be sensible lay-bying it outsiode of Basingstoke.

Cheers, am tipping it in Sainsburys so that’d be handy. No parking restrictions then? Have been before but never looked.

Lots of single yellows tho there’s a Telford Road just round the corner from Sainsbury’s which looks unrestricted on one side of the road, there’s even an Iveco parked there.

The only place I can think of is the Houndmills Ind Est which is where Sainsburys are, you could try up where 3663 is that’s on the same estate but quieter I think. Failing that ask some drivers in J.S I’m sure they’ll help you .

Harry Monk:
Lots of single yellows tho there’s a Telford Road just round the corner from Sainsbury’s which looks unrestricted on one side of the road, there’s even an Iveco parked there.

Cheers, just looked myself, that looks like the perfect spot.

West Ham industrial estate near the fire station…
Theres a kebab van near, a McDonalds, a KFC nearby, a short walk from Morrisons and the town centre…

switchlogic:

Harry Monk:

Cheers, just looked myself, that looks like the perfect spot.

Yep, that would do me. According to ViaMichelin, it’s 1.2 miles to the town centre, and I would choose an industrial estate over a lay by any time because there is CCTV everywhere and the lowlifes know that.

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:
and I would choose an industrial estate over a lay by any time because there is CCTV everywhere and the lowlifes know that.

I was just thinking exactly that looking at all the industrial units

hi luke
a very good place to park is on the ind est next to morrisons supermarket go just past the filling station the entrance to the estate look for the screwfix shop the post code is
rg21 8bj its a short walk to town itwill be ok and you can use morrisons facilitys
hope it helps
mick

Don’t forget it’ll be the front gate on a weekend Luke.

this is on sunday basingstoke.gov.uk/browse/le … hornycroft
if its of any interest to you , i hope to go ,but am on call this weekend

d4c24a:
this is on sunday basingstoke.gov.uk/browse/le … hornycroft
if its of any interest to you , i hope to go ,but am on call this weekend

Well there ya go Luke, you couldn’t ask for a better pointer than that from someone with local knowledge, I have spent months at a time living in the truck, I’ve had some crap Sundays and some fantastic ones, that looks like it would be one of the better ones!

Wow that’s looks great fun! I love the fact that these days you can just come on the Internet and get so much great advice! Thank you everyone.

Kimbell road is what you want,if you go to B&Q on the main A30 turn Left into Lister rd then the first left is Kimbell road its a dead end, but you can turn round at the end,if your good with a couple of shunts.Or you can reverse in,very quite I always park there.Close to town aswell!!

Be wary of Houndsmill, there were one or two caravan dwellers resident the last time I was there

thats the one i couldnt remeber name of luke that i told ya on twitter …its all right on that b and q kimbell rd …out sight and quiet but ya right by everything to