basic question

how do you tell if curtains are load bearing curtains? should it be marked on them somewhere?

the agency sent me to dhl, and all they were bothered about was getting the trucks out on the road as fast as possible. when I asked for straps to secure the load, I was told there were none and that they were not needed because they were load bearing curtains. tbh they were thicker than normal, but I would like to know how to check it myself for future reference.

Hi, Load bearing or not, load should be strapped.

Will be a sticker onbthe curtain…At the rear.Telling you it is load bearing…

jbaz73:
how do you tell if curtains are load bearing curtains? should it be marked on them somewhere?

the agency sent me to dhl, and all they were bothered about was getting the trucks out on the road as fast as possible. when I asked for straps to secure the load, I was told there were none and that they were not needed because they were load bearing curtains. tbh they were thicker than normal, but I would like to know how to check it myself for future reference.

as others have said before, no straps, no go. I don’t know who said it but some one once said a good rule is if you would not put it on a flatbed unstrapped then don’t take it in anything else unstrapped

Also strapping takes less time than accident and damage form filling[emoji6]

Thanks, that was what I was expecting. Just making sure, I’ve heard about load bearing curtains but never seen them before.

MrGodSquad:
as others have said before, no straps, no go. I don’t know who said it but some one once said a good rule is if you would not put it on a flatbed unstrapped then don’t take it in anything else unstrapped

Just for the sake of being argumentative I’ll point out the flaw in that statement; I recently took a load of empty cardboard boxes on pallets, big tall load but mostly full of air, the pallets weighed more than the load on them. Obviously I would never have got out of the yard with this load on a flatbed but had absolutely no second thoughts about shutting the curtains without strapping it!

EN 12642 XL - curtains with this on are load bearing. However other criteria have to be met to be acceptable in Vosa’s eyes, such as max distance from last pallet to back doors etc