Basel - zurich

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone knows of parking between basel and zurich with decent showers etc?

Parking can be a bit problematic in CH as the service areas tend to be on the small side with maybe 5 or 6 places for heavies. However, if you go a little bit beyond Zürich towards Winterthur, you will find a decent sized one at Kemptthal. The showers and toilets are clean and there is a useful shop too. I’ve always been able to get parked on there although it has been tight sometimes when I’ve arrived later in the evening.

Is that the BP one? Are they decent showers, grub etc? Looking to have 48 off! The one between Zurich and baden would av been ideal as can walk into town but as you say its on the small side! Thanks

kevinm1984:
Is that the BP one? Are they decent showers, grub etc? Looking to have 48 off! The one between Zurich and baden would av been ideal as can walk into town but as you say its on the small side! Thanks

Yep, that’s the one. Bogs, showers etc are all perfectly usable. I was weekended there once back last summer, and on the Sunday walked to the castle about 4 miles away at Kyburg. It’s quite a steep walk, and 10chf to get in, but I found it interesting and it was something different to do. There is an inn at the village of Kyburg and another one on Pfäffikerstrasse below the Räststatte - I had a beer there on the way back from my walk.

I was on that stretch this week, Kemptthal seems like your best bet to me as well.
It’s the BP that’s on the East bound side with access from the West bound side as well. You’ll be able to double back from there without any more extra kms.

I always seem to be on the autobahn in that area and don’t know of any alternatives.