Bartlett's Transport Bridgewater

Hello, Here is some of my old mans Bartlett’s enjoyable trucking days, Martin Clark is my father!! When I can get to a scanner, I will make these clearer, I have just used my phone to take pics of the photos. Enjoy :slight_smile:

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

I have one more of my dads 113 360 Scania. This was a very nice truck, I used to go with him in this beast… I think this was his last one!!!

Great pics Clarkgavinst !
Get that scanner working, and get some more up… :wink:

i remember them having a 143 400.a little tubby feller drove it.would have been early 90s :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

just found your pictures of bartletts. i work here in the 80s . happy years snowy -----

Does anyone out there have any photos of Bartletts of Bridgewater (Colley Lane Industrial Estate I think). My dad worked for R.H.Holmes of Kendal who subbied for Bartletts doing the Scotch work out of Gerber (Sunpride) Foods. Dad used to shunt trailers between Patchway and Bridgewater all week and we got to know some of the lads on there. I remember the Jinks’ (Father Jinks’ and Young Jinks’) I think they both work fo C.L.Transport. Below is a photo of Father Jinks’ F12 but Bartletts’ also had a 143 and some DAF’s I think.

And one next to my dads FL10

they had a 143 400 they used to backload out of a freight forwarder i used to work for years ago they used to take the stuff to moonbridge in south ockenden :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi bartletts in the 80s ran volvos dafs also a couple of leylands i was a boy and used to spend my spare time there cleanin and paintin trailers etc they also had a seddon shunter nreg ex brs the dafs were 2300s and looked good in the cream green and red 2 s reg f10s and a f88 gave way to the dafs not the best move but you live and learn they eventually went back to volvos but 2 dafs survived right to the end 86s were my favourites got pictures somewhere great days