Barrow in Furness to Workington

Hi all,

any local advice appreciated, will be travelling empty to Workington from Barrow tomorrow morning(45ft tautliner trailer). Is the coast road the best route? Just wondered about the high winds tomorrow and what the route is like?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Phil

Someone said on here last week that Askam was closed to HGV traffic on the A595. I am not 100% sure that this is correct . I used to go to Millom that way but i have not been down there for a while, you could always use the A 5092 at Greenodd on the A590 a few miles outside of Ulverston, its tight in a couple of places but its only a few miles before you meat the A 595
Still better than doing the M6 A66 empty

the A595 and A590 are ok, a bit tight in places especially around Muncaster and then Broughton.

Personally if you’re not in a huge rush I’d go A66 - M6 - A590 to be on the safe side as beond Sellafield the road is quite open and the wind whips off the sea around there, I was in Seascale today and it was awful.

C10HOO:
the A595 and A590 are ok, a bit tight in places especially around Muncaster and then Broughton.

Personally if you’re not in a huge rush I’d go A66 - M6 - A590 to be on the safe side as beond Sellafield the road is quite open and the wind whips off the sea around there, I was in Seascale today and it was awful.

yes because shap is so very sheltered

happysack:

C10HOO:

yes because shap is so very sheltered

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: