Barronwood distribution

Anyone had any dealings or info for this company.

My ex-boss used to do the occasional backload for them, rates not too clever but they pay on time was his view, this was a couple of years ago now mind.

As Harry says prompt payers and will keep you busy but you won’t make money. Rates on par with clearing houses ferry trailer work etc.
Maybe ok for a backload but not full time.

What sort of work are you looking for with them?

They can give you the occaisional back load or they can run you full time, some of the rates can be appalling, but others are very good, depending on where you are loading and delivering

Most of their work is full weight

Thanks lads ,looking for work loading round northwest from them to anywhere.

You’d almost certainly get a better rate loading for Gregory’s out of Widnes.

They have been around a lot of years advertising in the trade press

they do a lot of chep blue pallet work amongst other things, ive had the odd load from preston back to scotland off them and always found them okay to work with. not the best rates going but paid on time.

As above. We are using them quite a lot just now for backloads and they seem to have quite a lot of half decent work, although the rates aren’t brilliant.

Picked up a copy of Truckstop News yesterday and they’re advertising for ODs in there, says 7 day payment terms which is as fast as it gets I suppose. Also offers Administration support and O licence support.

Harry Monk:
Picked up a copy of Truckstop News yesterday and they’re advertising for ODs in there, says 7 day payment terms which is as fast as it gets I suppose. Also offers Administration support and O licence support.

I think they advertise in there every month.

A friend of mine does work for them when his seasonal work is quiet. As above, not a fortune but paid on the button, a lot of heavy work so keep an eye on fuel costs.

They have alot of work as stated by shuttle spanker some of the rates are poor but some are very good… again depends on the area you are loading… if yiu’ve got good lads on who will graft you’ll make money… and as for payment work las week paid on friday the following!!! very very good…

Thanks for all the info
Dee

You will not make any money no matter how hard you graft for barron wood for every good job you get 3 really poor jobs, they tell you they pay all miles at £1.40 and it works out about £1.10 they pay every 7 days with no penaltys thats the only good thing about working with them.

scooby2603:
You will not make any money no matter how hard you graft for barron wood for every good job you get 3 really poor jobs, they tell you they pay all miles at £1.40 and it works out about £1.10 they pay every 7 days with no penaltys thats the only good thing about working with them.

if you work out the rate per job, some rates are very good, others are very poor, but, if you average it over the whole week, id usually does work out at around the £1.40 per mile mark

although, you are running nearly top weight most of the time, and as such, burn a lot of fuel doing it

to make it pay, you really need to be doing a lot of miles per week, and with mine on there, it wasn’t getting the miles in

Does anyone know anything about the European work they offer, have been thinking about it for some time?