Barron WOOD Distribution

Does anyone know anything about this company seeing their advert in TRUCKING thank you

Hi, just a clearance house, been going for a long time, handy for return loads ex scotland, seem to have plenty of work, rates are fair although i doubt you could work for them full time, never heard of anyone not getting their money but im sure others would say different.

Kind Regards

Lrm

i have done work for them on an Ad Hoc basis, the work pays back load rates.

they can get you a load from just about anywhere in the country to anywhere in the country.

i don’t think they have “dedicated” full time subbies, they just use them where they are needed.

payment is on time straight into the bank, no worries there

Yep, I’ve worked for them plenty over the years - good for back loads from just about anywhere, especially once they get to know you & if you can give them a bit of notice, no bother with payments!

Recommended for returning home but you can’t survive just on their work!

thanks for all of your replies ianto

you say the rates are prety low. but how low? roughly.

limeyphil:
you say the rates are prety low. but how low? roughly.

don,t think anybody mentioned rates being low,never used them meself but a mate o mine uses them regular,like everybody said,backload rates,but better than nowt at all

The rates aren’t low as such, nor are they particularly high but they are good fairish backload rates. They pay on time, every month and once they know you (or your Co) they can be very helpfull in getting you home from all sorts of places!

In my book there is no such thing as a return load rate, also do you think these companies take on work and tell their customers its a return load and it will be cheaper ? No chance clearance houses should be licenced as they are in the states

williemac:
In my book there is no such thing as a return load rate, also do you think these companies take on work and tell their customers its a return load and it will be cheaper ? No chance clearance houses should be licenced as they are in the states

This is a seperate issue williemac but there has always been, and always will be, return load rates. It’s how most hauliers were able to make a bit more profit in days gone by and how these clearence house/freight forwarders can, and do, make money! It’s also how some of these haulier partnerships, such as Linkway & Jigsaw have come about. The end user customer doesn’t get a cheaper rate or an inferior service - it’s just a couple more people taking their 10 or 20% and passing the work down the line!

Of course, you always have the option of not working for such people and going home empty if you don’t agree with the system!

We should never have the idea of a backload rate,you should be paid for the round trip if you wish to load back it should be extra on top. The big boys in this industry are most of the time working for rates only a little more than you get for a backload. Us owner drivers get the blame for cutting the rates, we are dictated to by the big boys in this industry.The gentleman who say you dont have to do the backload is correct, but you need the right rate on the outbound job in the first place.

always pay on time. however i have turned loads down and come home empty as money on some occaisions was rubbish. as already said you dont have to do the work.

I have used Barron Wood on many occasions.Quite satisfied, yes the rates could be a little stronger as they have not moved in light of recent diesel increases.The lads in the office are on the ball if you ring you know straight away if they can help.I have to say never been kept waiting unacceptable lengths of time for the money.In short as clearing houses go a not a bad outfit

I use these with no problems whatsoever… :confused:

I use Barron Wood for back loads, rates can be quite weak, looking at £240 ish from Lancs / Yorks to London area
They always pay on time, Blue Pallets can be a pain though. Sometimes They will hold invoice if you owe them pallets.

Ask for Andy / Craig or Dennis, there is a few lads in the office but these are the better ones.

Can they find loads for 18 tonne fridge/box or is only artic work?

BigE:
Can they find loads for 18 tonne fridge/box or is only artic work?

They’ve found me loads for a Sprinter van in the past so I dont see why not although I’ve dealt with them for quite a while :sunglasses:

littlerichard:
We should never have the idea of a backload rate,you should be paid for the round trip if you wish to load back it should be extra on top. The big boys in this industry are most of the time working for rates only a little more than you get for a backload. Us owner drivers get the blame for cutting the rates, we are dictated to by the big boys in this industry.The gentleman who say you dont have to do the backload is correct, but you need the right rate on the outbound job in the first place.

Sorry but what planet are you on? Paid round trip money for a one way trip? Good luck in your search for such work. Users of transport services want the job covered for as little money as possible and you can’t blame them for that. Fact is that for the majority of the year there is over capacity in the transprt industry so rates are forced downwards because there is competition for much of the work out there, simple economics really. The fittest / best placed will survive, whilst others will disappear from the industry.