Barred from Aldi!

liveleak.com/view?i=2b6_1504571146

:laughing:

Can I have a signed POD please Guvnor? :grimacing:

give that man a medal…treat them with the contempt they deserve…prob had about 20 bays lying empty…i take my hat of to mr flipflop… :slight_smile:

I hope he had the proper on-site training for operating that pallet truck, and oh for the love of god where is his hi-viz!!!

I bet we’ve all been right where he’s at though, just with us lot it was only in our minds sadly. :laughing:

I’m sure we’ve all done things like that. I know I have.

If the forkies are all on lunch break or too busy to unload I like to take the time to wander around and check for fire safety.
Pressing the fire alarm button seems to work wonders and gets everyone’s attention. :imp:

Agency

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Respect!
Flip Flop or not, don’t ■■■■ on drivers!
I’d do the same myself, getting treated like that the job ain’t worth a ■■■■■■■ light!

In what language is he speaking?

Optimum:
In what language is he speaking?

I reckon…

Portuguese. It’s possibly filmed in Brazil.

walking floors and tipper trailers rule .

Good for him…man after my own heart…who TF do these companies think they are…they order the goods…they get them delivered…then say something like …come back tomorrow…well that one had a shock…we have all been there…its about time these companies are held to account…at least my boss would back me if he couldnt get a sensible answer from them…then tell me to go ahead.
Had Tesco do that, urgent load from europe…must be there…theres a bonus in it for you…all that crap…only i got there to find the gatehouse had a different view…your not on the system…go back outside and wait…but he had to let me in anyway to turn, only i backed on a bay…they left me there for 6 hours…when my boss was told he said give them 1 hour to off load and pull out if they dont start on you…i.5 hrs later i asked for my keys…which they gave willingly…then in suppose they changed their mind…and told security to drop the barrier…i phoned the boss he said Reverse through the barrier which i did …police were called but sided with me…my boss kept the trailer in the yard until Tesco paid the dumurrage…ha ha that should teach em.

beefy4605:
walking floors and tipper trailers rule .

I was thinking walking floor too. :smiley:

truckyboy:
Good for him…man after my own heart…who TF do these companies think they are…they order the goods…they get them delivered…then say something like …come back tomorrow…well that one had a shock…we have all been there…its about time these companies are held to account…at least my boss would back me if he couldnt get a sensible answer from them…then tell me to go ahead.
Had Tesco do that, urgent load from europe…must be there…theres a bonus in it for you…all that crap…only i got there to find the gatehouse had a different view…your not on the system…go back outside and wait…but he had to let me in anyway to turn, only i backed on a bay…they left me there for 6 hours…when my boss was told he said give them 1 hour to off load and pull out if they dont start on you…i.5 hrs later i asked for my keys…which they gave willingly…then in suppose they changed their mind…and told security to drop the barrier…i phoned the boss he said Reverse through the barrier which i did …police were called but sided with me…my boss kept the trailer in the yard until Tesco paid the dumurrage…ha ha that should teach em.

Good on you and your boss. Ought to be a lot more of it.

truckyboy:

I started driving for a living about 17 years ago and am now 55 so it was a late career change for me.

I’ve never understood why so many of our haulage and distribution companies are allowing themselves to be shafted by these big companies. In fact, it’s not always the big ones who want to “unload you when we feel like it.” Many smaller concerns seem to have this approach sometimes too.

When I was in the meat trade and worked in busy shops, if a delivery arrived then, for about 10 minutes it was all hands on deck to get the stock in the shop and get the driver away.

So tell me. The older hands on here, was it always like this?
I’ll never understand why it is allowed that a driver is kept waiting at the customers whim!

No mate, it wasn’t always like this. In the old days demurrage costs would be swiftly sent out to offenders. Nowadays (with a few notable exceptions) these large logistics providers will simply roll over and absorb the cost of having a vehicle and driver sat doing bugger all for hour after hour. Obviously this creates problems for smaller operations who get treated in this manner.

truckyboy: