"Baroness " Bra.....

robroy:
@ Franglais.
You lay yourself wide open every time mate.
I can always tell when I’ve got under your skin when you resort to childish jibes like the latest.m ‘attention of a goldfish’ ‘go read a dictionary’ :unamused:
I mean c’mon ffs,.adults or children.
Oh yeh,.and the one I use on my latest signature. :smiley:

If I was prepared to discuss all this pointless crap with you my retort would be …‘‘It was down to people like yourself who were taken in hook line and sinker with the Covid thing,.and who continue to perpetuate it,.so it’s Obsessives and gullible like yourself that were the catalyst for this latest example of corruption amongst the upper classes’’ so deal with it, things like this will never change.

If you are going to get your thong in a twist yet again over something none of us have any say or control over, go and run for office, instead of coming over on here your usual superior armchair politician stance.

Note…no childish jibes or insults aimed at you, only relavant observations.

Tbf this Mone scandal is weapons grade skullduggery. You get immune to this sort of stuff after a while, esp with a Tory government but this is pretty stunningly awful, private jets et al.

robroy:
To remain on topic :smiley: …I wonder how many who are getting their tampons in a twist over this, would say in a ‘Harry Enfield self righteous brothers’’ stylee…
''Hoy !! Boris, NO…I’m an honourable pillar of the community, you can keep your multi million pound fee, bung, or charge, put the job up for tender, honesty is the best policy in my book,.so stick your lucrative contract where the sun does not shine,.I’m going to open a newsagents and make my living honestly ‘’ :laughing:

To.anybody who doesn’t know what I’m on about…a bit like this. :smiley:

youtu.be/hjEwCWN9-gc

Me?
I’m more of a realist, the choice of being somewhere between Mother Teresa and Saint Thomas More, and fighting to make a living by just getting by.
Or.
Looking after number one,.being streetwise,.a bit dodgy, and reaping the benefits,…I’d be driving down the beach via Sunset Boulevard in my Ferrari, on the phone thanking whoever, for the proceeds of my dodgy masks bought by those daft enough to wear them in public… no mistake.

But there again I ain’t pretentious and judgemental, and up my own arse in a self satisfied way being judge and jury on everything I don’t agree with on a crusade.

Anybody feeling threatened and bullied by that statement, just let me know and I’ll rein it in a bit. :unamused: :laughing:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
To remain on topic :smiley: …I wonder how many who are getting their tampons in a twist over this, would say in a ‘Harry Enfield self righteous brothers’’ stylee…
''Hoy !! Boris, NO…I’m an honourable pillar of the community, you can keep your multi million pound fee, bung, or charge, put the job up for tender, honesty is the best policy in my book,.so stick your lucrative contract where the sun does not shine,.I’m going to open a newsagents and make my living honestly ‘’ :laughing:

To.anybody who doesn’t know what I’m on about…a bit like this. :smiley:

Me?
I’m more of a realist, the choice of being somewhere between Mother Teresa and Saint Thomas More, and fighting to make a living by just getting by.
Or.
Looking after number one,.being streetwise,.a bit dodgy, and reaping the benefits,…I’d be driving down the beach via Sunset Boulevard in my Ferrari, on the phone thanking whoever, for the proceeds of my dodgy masks bought by those daft enough to wear them in public… no mistake.

But there again I ain’t pretentious and judgemental, and up my own arse in a self satisfied way being judge and jury on everything I don’t agree with on a crusade.

Anybody feeling threatened and bullied by that statement, just let me know and I’ll rein it in a bit. :unamused: :laughing:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Tell ya what ND mate,.considering how long you have to wait on Premod Club to get your post approved, I reckon you could have come up with a better line than that. :smiley:
It has it all…
Drama queens, arguments,.snowflakes taking offence, bullying accusations et all :open_mouth: …The world’s your lobster Terry my son. :smiley:

I just got involved in the discussion which I wasn’t really bothered about at first, that’s all mate, and it just kinda escalated as you can see. :laughing:

Isn’t the EU Parliament under criminal investigation with the deputy being suspended. Following accusations of brown envelopes with Qatar postcodes changing hands?
(now that’s how you mention the EU…) :stuck_out_tongue:

LazyDriver:
Isn’t the EU Parliament under criminal investigation with the deputy being suspended. Following accusations of brown envelopes with Qatar postcodes changing hands?

Yep.
Accusations have been made against some members, the police called in, and those under suspicion have been suspended, while investigations are made.

What hasn`t happened, is the promise of an internal inquiry, whilst desperate moves are made to change the rules.

Franglais:

LazyDriver:

Yep.
Accusations have been made against some members, the police called in, and those under suspicion have been suspended, while investigations are made.

What hasn`t happened, is the promise of an internal inquiry, whilst desperate moves are made to change the rules.

I think four officials have been arrested including one of the EU vice presidents (a Greek lady) after various properties were searched and some bags of cash found
Tyneside

LazyDriver:

Mate…there is and has been more corruption, brown envelopes, back handers,cover ups, scandals and general criminality in the establishment and the Govt, (both of which are fully paid up members past and present of the ‘‘Old Boy network’’ ) in this country (and also all over the world) since time began…it’s how it works it’s the nature of the beast when it comes to politics and politicians, from local two penny up their own arse local councillors to the top of the tree.
The vast majority is covered up, but now and again something like this from this bird in her stockings and suspenders to the expenses fiasco, finds it’s way into the public domain,.and you get the pseudo ‘‘I’m shocked and stunned vibe’’ in the press and especially on this forum. :laughing:

Anybody who believes that the ‘‘Right Honourable Ladies and Gentlemen’’ are in fact ‘‘right honourable’’ :unamused: , lie somewhere between being drastically naive and thick as pig sh. :unamused:

@ ND yep I am now interested and contributing to this thread now after all,.and ‘‘The lady’’ as you said is now in fact protesting’ :smiley:

(Just saved you a two day wait to get your post approved. :laughing: :wink: )

tyneside:

Franglais:

LazyDriver:

Yep.

I think four officials have been arrested including one of the EU vice presidents (a Greek lady) after various properties were searched and some bags of cash found
Tyneside

It seems that one member, as you say Eva Kaili, has been suspended, but no one has been named as suspects yet?
So, it appears more to be officials rather than MEPs, but nowt official, as yet.

Aye…Couldn’t possibly be Members of The Euro Parliament, their reputation for being non corruptible upstanding gentlemen,.and members of a non corruptible organisation goes well before them as everyone knows.

robroy:
Aye…Couldn’t possibly be Members of The Euro Parliament, their reputation for being non corruptible upstanding gentlemen,.and members of a non corruptible organisation goes well before them as everyone knows.

Has anyone? Anywhere? Anytime?
Said that MEPs are incorruptible?

I do remember there was at least one enquiry involving UK MEPs.
I`ll dig it out

Franglais:

robroy:

Has anyone? Anywhere? Anytime?
Said that MEPs are incorruptible?

I do remember there was at least one enquiry involving UK MEPs.
I`ll dig it out

Don’t know mate, but I do know there was, (and still is) a hell of lot of people who wanted and still want to be members of said well known corrupt organisation,…and furthermore continue to advocate the same said organisation’s dubious qualities and ‘benefits’ to this country, not least on this forum.

But maybe it’s fine when it comes to said members, but on other hand, like now, worthy of a big outcry when it pertains to a party and Govt that you are not keen on…for the record I ain’t either despite perceptions btw.

As for your last offer…tell you what, you’re alright mate, I think I can live ok without it thanks. :wink:

robroy:
But maybe it’s fine when it comes to said members, but n other hand, like now, worthy of a big outcry when it pertains to a party and Govt that you are not keen on.

As for your last offer…tell you what, you’re alright mate, I think I can live ok without it thanks

Alleged Tory corruption
“They`re all the same”, “We can do nothing” etc.

Alleged EU corruption

robroy:
yep I am now interested and contributing to this thread now after all,

Hey, no bother.
theguardian.com/politics/20 … blic-funds

Franglais:

robroy:
But maybe it’s fine when it comes to said members, but n other hand, like now, worthy of a big outcry when it pertains to a party and Govt that you are not keen on.

As for your last offer…tell you what, you’re alright mate, I think I can live ok without it thanks

Alleged Tory corruption
“They`re all the same”, “We can do nothing” etc.

Alleged EU corruption

robroy:
yep I am now interested and contributing to this thread now after all,

Hey, no bother.
theguardian.com/politics/20 … blic-funds

Look mate, I dare not give you both barrels in case I upset you again,.and the card that should not be mentioned is played again by you…
So I’ll just address your point,.explain and try and not to come across wrongly…a bit like walking on egg shells in fact.

As I said over and over on this forum, in my opinion and from what I see, there’s corruption in ALL walks of politics it’s how it works. :bulb:

So…my new found interest in the thread was after ND:s points, of me commenting although not bothered, and ‘protesting too much’ despite that…, and NOT directly aimed nor biased towards anything to do with the ■■■■ EU. :unamused: …but we both know you knew that really don’t we. :wink:

As for you picking up on my term ‘trivialities’ from time to time on this thread.
It is 'trivial to me in terms of that I would rather prioritise on stuff in my life that has a direct influence on me,.and day to day real life problems.
I try and lead a full life with lots going on ,.and have little time to concern myself too much over the kind of stuff that you tend to pre occupy yourself about on here but I continue to comment on such issues that none of us have any control over for the reasons I have pointed out before., which are …
Spirit of a forum.
Helping to redress the balance of getting too carried away.
And attempting to keep the likes of yourself staying down to earth instead of believing your self hyped and opinionated state of expertise on many subjects.
Hope that explains my POV.
Cue ND. :smiley:

robroy:
Look mate, I dare not give you both barrels in case I upset you again,.and the card that should not be mentioned is played again by you…
So I’ll just address your point,.explain and try and not to come across wrongly…a bit like walking on egg shells in fact.

As I said over and over on this forum, in my opinion and from what I see, there’s corruption in ALL walks of politics it’s how it works.

So…my new found interest in the thread was after ND:s points, of me commenting although not bothered, and ‘protesting too much’ despite that…, and NOT directly aimed nor biased towards anything to do with the [zb] EU. …but we both know you knew that really don’t we.

Is there corruption everywhere?
Yes. Agreed.

Does that mean we should accept it and ignore it? “It`s how it works”

Give up, because we have as individuals a small voice? I say not.
It appears from your previous posts, you think speaking the truth is futile, and a waste of time? Correct me if wrong.
It will always be “how it works” if we do nowt and accept being taken for fools by the corrupt.

Im perfectly happy to discuss and condemn corruption in all political parties and institutions. I hope I dont jump in and out depending on what colour rosette they are wearing, or on their Nationality.

You obviously missed my last paragraph edit.
Yeh it’s worth discussing up to a point…but it gets a bit tedious for example when a thread gets to 70 + pages, it turns into as I said wind and ■■■■, and not something that is going to make any difference, nor as you laughingly said attract the attention of the powers that be via this type of social media.
News flash …they don’t give ■■■■ what we say or think. :bulb:

robroy:
And attempting to keep the likes of yourself staying down to earth instead of believing your self hyped and opinionated state of expertise on many subjects.

Explanation please.

I offer opinions on some things, as you do too.
Where have I claimed “expertise” anywhere?

Mostly in the difficult stuff I offer links to experts.

In spite of some posters complaining about links!
How hard is it for them to ignore links if they don`t want to see the source of information for themselves?

robroy:
nor as you laughingly said attract the attention of the powers that be via this type of social media.
News flash …they don’t give [zb] what we say or think.

Well, if that is your opinion, carry on. ( Or don`t! :smiley: )

I do think that talking about these things is interesting, and since I dont need your permission to carry on, Ill continue without it, thank you.

You think its all "wind and ■■■■", well maybe you think youre wasting your time.
I dont think its all “wind and ■■■■” (most of it) so don`t consider my time is being wasted, doing what I want to do.

Franglais:

robroy:

Explanation please.

I offer opinions on some things, as you do too.
Where have I claimed “expertise” anywhere?

Mostly in the difficult stuff I offer links to experts.

In spite of some posters complaining about links!
How hard is it for them to ignore links if they don`t want to see the source of information for themselves?

Explanation?
Ok you don’t ‘claim’ it but you do come across as that you think you know better than anybody else…
Covid for example, anybody who has a differing opinion is immediately put down as being ridiculous, and only because they have DARED to question the official line and version :unamused:
Where as you who evidently and obviously believe and conform to everything you have been told officially (I’m not the only person to have said this btw) continue to come across as if YOU know better…
Ie…The main reason why me and you (loosely speaking as it ain’t real life) do not ‘get on’ on here,.and why you take offence when I point this out, to the point of your ridiculous (and offensive) veiled accusations.

Btw I DO tend to ignore your tedious links, because I do get bored easy,.and as you said…‘I have the attention span of a goldfish’'.

robroy:
anybody who has a differing opinion is immediately put down as being ridiculous, and only because they have DARED to question the official line and version

And where have I directly, or indirectly, called anyone ridiculous?

robroy:
obviously believe and conform to everything you have been told officially

Do I believe everything the official Gov line says? Really?
Check out my thread on Brexit.
And do I agree with everything the Gov has said and done on Covid?
If you care to read my posts you`ll find out otherwise.

robroy:
(I’m not the only person to have said this btw)

?
So, if lots of people, instead of just one or two, believe that 2+2=5 then it must be true?

robroy:
Btw I DO tend to ignore your tedious links, because I do get bored easy,.and as you said.

Well, there we are again. More interested in posting stuff, rather than actually checking out whether or not it might be based in fact or not.
Hmmm, yep, sounds pretty ridiculous to me. :open_mouth:
I wonder if others agree or not? :smiley:

Franglais:

robroy:
anybody who has a differing opinion is immediately put down as being ridiculous, and only because they have DARED to question the official line and version

And where have I directly, or indirectly, called anyone ridiculous?

robroy:
obviously believe and conform to everything you have been told officially

Do I believe everything the official Gov line says? Really?
Check out my thread on Brexit.
And do I agree with everything the Gov has said and done on Covid?
If you care to read my posts you`ll find out otherwise.

robroy:
(I’m not the only person to have said this btw)

?
So, if lots of people, instead of just one or two, believe that 2+2=5 then it must be true?

robroy:
Btw I DO tend to ignore your tedious links, because I do get bored easy,.and as you said.

Well, there we are again. More interested in posting stuff, rather than actually checking out whether or not it might be based in fact or not.
Hmmm, yep, sounds pretty ridiculous to me. :open_mouth:
I wonder if others agree or not? :smiley:

Well if they don’t I wont be implying any accusations towards them that’s for sure.

Implications mate, a bit like your bullying one, they are as good as a direct statement to anybody who is on the ball,.along with perception of air and manner.
You are either in denial, oblivious or you are fully aware of what you are doing and what I mean.

Ok maybe you’re selective on your conformist way then, …Deffo not Brexit, especially illustrated by your continual addition and bumping up to the top when it wanes and everybody else is sick of it Brexit thread.

On other hand you were very vocal on the dubious merits of the official line and instruction propaganda of living like a hermit fully masked during Covid, and were daft enough to conform, to and sacrifice any social activities Xmas 2021 or whenever tf it was,.whilst the more astute amongst us enjoyed our Xmas thanks,.(and we managed to live through it despite being told what would become of us health wise :unamused: ) while pointing two fingers to those telling us to cancel it all,.then you came crying because the Tories had a few wines at work, while you’re still locked up indoors…which had nothing to do with your anti Tory agenda,.as in this very thread now did it.

Not being to hard on you am I, btw…you did ask.