Barnsley

right since no1 hardly replys in the over night parking bit i was just wondering if there is anywhere to park over night near barnsley and preferably a truckstop… All suggestions will be helpfull thanks

There’s the Bluebell pub mate, I’ve seen a few artics parked up there on the odd occasion. You can park (I think) on the access road near the pub. it’s the one that leads to the golf course. If you come off at Junc 37 M1, say if you’re heading North, turn left towards Dodworth, right at the new roundabout, then left at the next roundabout, continue straight forward at the next one (there’s a decent layby on the right there too) If you carry on through the industrial estate you’ll see the Bluebell pub in front of you, take the 3rd exit off the roundabout.

Failing that though there is an industrial estate opposite the pub (Fall Bank Industrial estate) where I see wagons parked up on a regular basis.

There’s another industrial estate too, but it’s bit out of the way with nothing really around it. That one is at Barugh Green at the end of Hudderfield Road, heading away from town towards Huddersfield.

No truckstops other than Wolley Edge services just past junction 38.

Hope this helps.

There should be something on here, transportcafe.co.uk

no truckstops in barnsley but plenty park up on tankersley ind est junc 35 a north bound straight over first round about and 3rd exit on second round about.

other than that it’s either wolley edge or hellaby truck stop.

Isn’t Wolley Edge services a favourite of the curtain cutter and diesel fairy brigade?

a lot of trucks park up on the ind estate near the shell garage and mc donalds on the A61 near barnsley.

Come off the M1 sign posted A61 barnsley, follow road until you reach another roundabout and turn right, shell garage and mcdonalds on your right and plenty of space to park up around their.

As someone posted already its quiet up by the Bluebell pub in Dodworth at J37 M1, or theres also a couple of laybyes at Haigh j38 M1 too on the a637 towards barnsley or the other way towards Bretton. At least in Dodworth theres 2 pubs and a few shops/restaurants etc till 11pm