Barnard castle show

I had a great day out on sunday at the Barnard \Castle show, this is a great show and worthy of a visit by all . The entrance fee was in keeping, £6 for adults with free parking. The trucks were there in their hundreds and it was a real family day out with food vans ranging from a coffee van to the usual burger stands and even a fantastic fish and chip stand. These food wagons were all reasonably priced with a great full northern breakfast at a fiver.
The kids had a fun fair with some of the old fashioned rides in evidence and the strongest man competition drew a huge crowd of spectators as did the tractor pull.

I think maybe its time for some of the “big organisers” of truck shows who charge the earth to go to their events to think again and get realistic cos without our trucks they wouldnt have a show and over the years their gate prices have soared and I have heard a lot of grumbles from joe public that they can not afford to take a family to the so called big shows around the country. Infact a lot of traders have said the same. I for one will be recommending the Barnard Castle show to my trader and truck pals for next year
I would like to say in closing that the John Toulson team should be congratulated on this years show, but please John what has happenned to the vintage lorry section, I have seen a better turn out in other years in that section
Danneke Lady Truckers Club

Had a great time their on SUnday myself - loads of trucks and stands - much more relaxed than Driffield.

had a great time, … spent all weekend there
even saw a new mode of haulage …