Barcelona 2 Benidorm!

My girlfriends’ daughter and her pal have copped a cheap flight to Barcelona next month and are heading south to Benidorm to stay in a mates’ apartment for the week.They are planning to hire a car in Barcelona and do the drive south.Can any of you lads and lasses tell me what the road is like,and how much time should they allow for the trip? Any other advice you can think of much appreciated,Buenos diaz!

Hi Tartanraider,I did 5000 miles round northern Spain in March of last year,loved every minute of it,roads are brilliant,lots of tolls,very little traffic away from the towns.They will love Barcelona,Las Ramblas has to be seen,wonderful place,many happy memories.
If they hav’nt already booked car-hire might be worth looking at “Orcar” I used them recently and found them to be the cheapest,regards Jamie.
“Bien viaje”

It takes about 5 1/2 hrs in a truck, so in a car you can knock an hour off, if they are not in a rush I would recomend that they run down on the nationals, and keep off the toll roads, just because it is nicer, Cambrells is worth stopping at for a bite to eat ( Grand Buffett) then push on to Nules for a second break…Use the motorway around Valencia, then go back onto the national. (coast road) hope they enjoy the holiday :smiley:

i have been reading,and people telling you to use the national 332.this is a very good road road between valencia and javea, but after that you go over the mountain which is a tight windy road. if they have no experience of driving in spain i would come off at gandia/oliva then take the motorway to benidorm which is about 4or 5 euros.hope the have a good holiday if they want a good cheap meal go to the pink elephant ask for the meatpie

it’s 500k from Barcelona to Benidorm. If you are wanting to get the quick take the motorway. Fast and not too expensive

Pardon my manners lads,thanks for the advice just to let you know the girls are off tomorrow FRIDAY the 13TH :open_mouth: