Banned for life

Don’t know if it’s already been posted and I don’t know how to put link but in the Grimsby Telegraph there’s a driver been banned for life for letting acid out in a layby

grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/ … cal-183706

A “reckless” lorry driver from Immingham has been banned from driving trucks after letting a dangerous chemical pour onto the side of the road before driving off.

Simon Carrington, 52, let 200 litres of highly toxic and flammable acetic anhydride liquid gush from his tanker after opening a valve when he pulled up near a chemical works.

Thank you Captain

Should have jailed the ■■■■

What a doylem. Is it any wonder truckers have a bad reputation with the general public.

Was he dancing and singing this as he opened the taps. :smiley:

youtu.be/FEdiOBz4zeM

Wow what a numpty. The article says that the driver claimed he panicked when the acid started flowing out.

Surely if that was the case you’d quickly close the valve again. And report the spill. Nah fella knew exactly what he was doing and didn’t care.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Surprised he didn’t light up and have a ■■■ break while doing it! :open_mouth:

He should be used as target practice for what he’s done!!! :imp:

Banning him for life wasn’t enough, bring back hanging

That must be a fairly rare punishment. I’ve never seen a truck driver taken out of the industry for life before, anyone else?

Just for the record… if they’ve got the name of the substance correct, then this is how it looks when written correctly:

UN 1715 ACETIC ANHYDRIDE, 8 (3), PGII

It’s not officially toxic, never mind “highly toxic” as reported. :unamused:

The case is bad (and bizarre) enough without it being bigged up… if only the reporter stuck to the real facts they should have said that it is corrosive and flammable.

switchlogic:
That must be a fairly rare punishment. I’ve never seen a truck driver taken out of the industry for life before, anyone else?

Limeyphil did it with sparklers on

I agree with the ‘Jail’ comment, this was a dangerous and totally careless act.

I know nothing about bulk chemicals so appreciate if those in the know would shed some light on this for me.

Why would there be a few hundred litres left in the tank?

Assuming he was going to a wash next what was the advantage in him draining the tank roadside?

'Tks

Washes may charge for disposal of excessive quantities of hazardous waste. A small run in the bottom of the tank is part of the service, but a couple of hundred litres ain’t. Guessing someone was too lazy to check tank was properly empty after tipping, or slapdash/in a rush.
Also I don’t know how much those products cost but someone has sent out a quantity and it seems it’s been short delivered too. Dunno about metering or weighing at dispatch or reception. More than one ■■■■-up here.
Again I dunno about this product but some tanks are dedicated to one product and hence are rarely washed.

A tipper firm in London somewhere will probably still hire him

The-Snowman:

Any Tipper Firm will, as long as he’s still got his Stetson.

Franglais:
Washes may charge for disposal of excessive quantities of hazardous waste. A small run in the bottom of the tank is part of the service, but a couple of hundred litres ain’t. Guessing someone was too lazy to check tank was properly empty after tipping, or slapdash/in a rush.
Also I don’t know how much those products cost but someone has sent out a quantity and it seems it’s been short delivered too. Dunno about metering or weighing at dispatch or reception. More than one ■■■■-up here.
Again I dunno about this product but some tanks are dedicated to one product and hence are rarely washed.

Thanks for that Franglais.

The-Snowman:

Brilliant!!