Banksmen

Quick question please, if you have to reverse out and delivery address (very large building works) provide a banksman, firstly do they have to be trained and secondly if you then hit something that wasn’t in your view (but was in banksmans view) then is it the fault of the banksman?
I know I sound like I’ve answered my own question but I would like some advice please thanks

Why, what have you hit? :laughing: :laughing:

A car

Ultimately, I understand its your insurance that will have to settle and you would have to try and counter claim from the company supplying the banksman. Its definitely worth getting the guy’s name and asking the company supplying him to show the relevant qualifications. In my experience, a gate security man from Lagos is not suitably trained to reverse you off a site onto a road, so its definitely worth digging a bit deeper, although as I said, as your vehicle has hit another one, I do believe its you that will be found at fault even though you aren’t (if you know what I mean)

Its a ridiculous situation which further highlights what a waste of time banksmen can be :imp:

grovegarage:
Quick question please, if you have to reverse out and delivery address (very large building works) provide a banksman, firstly do they have to be trained and secondly if you then hit something that wasn’t in your view (but was in banksmans view) then is it the fault of the banksman?
I know I sound like I’ve answered my own question but I would like some advice please thanks

Another case proving that banksmen are a complete waste of time. :unamused:

You were the driver so you are ultimately responsible.

Banks men “trained” or otherwise should not be relied upon - if you cant see then get out, walk around and have a look - a dozen times if necessary.

The only people I remotely trust when manouvering are other drivers and even then I still get out and have a look.

grovegarage:
A car

Bloody women drivers :laughing:

I would think whatever the circumstances you will be in the wrong
But as long as nobody was hurt don’t worry about it.
we have all done it :blush: or will do it ,the secret is just dont make a habit of it :wink:

Rob K:

grovegarage:

For once i have to agree :smiley: :smiley:

Like above its nothing to lose sleep over, it happens. How come you didn’t reverse in tho?

Wasn’t allowed to reverse in (I wanted to!) and the banksman could see the car from where he was standing although I couldn’t!
Pee’d off to say the least!!

Sounds abit silly really, can imagine you must be pretty ■■■■■■ off, you put your trust into someone as your told they know how to see a lorry back and they cant even shout stop. Like i said before in the other “banksman” thread, people who cant drive lorries shouldn’t be allowed to “act as bankman”.

what car ? :slight_smile: if you didn’t see it then you can’t possibly have hit it, as it was parked somewhere it shouldn’t have been then its the owners fault, and being on a building site how can it be covered by insurance which is for being on a public road ?

^

Rob K:

grovegarage:

Totally! I always go mental at the offer of a banksman.