Bankrupt boss spends £22500 on wedding

Former boss of Bryan Rayner ltd,spent £22,500 on a wedding,months before the company went bankrupt,owing 4million to creditors and HMC&E.The couple also won a competion for a holiday in the Caribean.They will also appear on a Tv programme,about weddings,later in the year.As reported in the “Somerset Standard” weekly newspaper.

has he got a friend who is an MP? :smiley:

Familly are experts in finance,apparently.I am not judging the man,but a lot of drivers and local companies are owed money.I used to work containers with Rayners.New kit,night out on friday nights,while blue eyed boys would finish 7am Friday mornings,rest of us out till Saturday afternoon with no overtime paid.You can imagine the atomosphere between drivers,in the yard,we would feel for the heat on the radiators of parked wagons to roughly guess what time the favourite guys got back.Stone cold engine,=been in the yard for ages,compared to a warm motor.And the drivers that got newer motors,top of the range,cos they had drinks with the boss,with all the bells and whistles,chrome alloys,etc.

There is a difference in ‘spending’ £22500 on a wedding and actually ‘paying’ £22500 for a wedding :unamused: Think about it!

Gavin McArdle:
There is a difference in ‘spending’ £22500 on a wedding and actually ‘paying’ £22500 for a wedding :unamused: Think about it!

Too true. The firm who made the Dress, the Cake, and the rest of what you,d get for £22500, will now be on the list of Creditors. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Please note. Mr.and Mrs. Rayner,s Legal team. Having read Denis F,s link, I realise that the People who made the Cake/Dress/etc have been paid. As long as those Drivers who were “well in” enjoyed the do as well… So what. Sadly,he cold engine feelers probably felt even more left out. :smiley: :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Stone cold engine,=been in the yard for ages,compared to a warm motor.And the drivers that got newer motors,top of the range,cos they had drinks with the boss,with all the bells and whistles,chrome alloys,etc.

It seems that Mr. Rayner certainly ran a happy camp. :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of summers ago all I would see on the roads would be Rayners trucks, both containers and fridges.

Still see one or 2 pulling City Link trailers in Aztec West and a few in Bodmin pulling TNT trailers.

One was involved in a serious accident up by Dursley a year or so ago.

thisissomerset.co.uk/standar … ticle.html

You can see the happy couple and their ‘big’ day here …

facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … ner1?__a=1

She got what she wanted! now watch her reel him in!
Been there done it containers and TNT got the t-shirt!

£22,500 on a wedding!

When I was married I had a tenner in an envelope to pay the registrar, and a fiver to take the mrs to the pub afterwards. In the event I didn’t spend the fiver as the landlord laid on a free spread :smiley:

Tiger.

My mrs watched that programme the other night and i was sure the name rang a bell so i searched google for it and all it came up with was news stories about them running bent and going bankrupt, seemed a decent bloke on the programme to be honet.

then yesterday on the way back from london i saw one of thier ovlov motors pulling a reefer…

then this post pops up

spooky :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: