Bank Holiday OPEN DAY Sutton in Ashfield

Yes, Open Day at Peter Smythe Transport Training NG17 3FW this coming Bank Holiday Monday. Gates open 0900 and close 1630 approx.

Your chance to have a go at reversing a truck.

Come and meet some of the team and enjoy coffee and cake!

Some special deals on the day. Remember to mention Trucknet for that little bit more discount!

I look forward to meeting you in person.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe Transport Training Ltd - FORUM SPONSOR

PS Hopefully a mod will come and work their magic to stand the truck on itā€™s wheels!

Not a mod but FTFY all the same :wink:

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Going by the phone enquiries, itā€™s gonna be a busy day!

Look forward to seeing you. Remember, again, to mention Trucknet. Always 10% discount and it will be A LOT better on Monday!!!

Interesting to note itā€™s a cameraā€™ed unit, I hadnā€™t previously considered that training schools would, at some point, be expected to make that change, but Iā€™m guessing youā€™re probably ahead of the curve at the minute. Iā€™d be curious to know how candidates take to these.

Interesting to note itā€™s a cameraā€™ed unit, I hadnā€™t previously considered that training schools would, at some point, be expected to make that change, but Iā€™m guessing youā€™re probably ahead of the curve at the minute. Iā€™d be curious to know how candidates take to these.

Yes, thereā€™s several of these new DAFS scattered around the 4 schools that are now in the group. And, to the best of my knowledge, no problem with the camera mirrors. I drove one for the first time a few months ago and, by the time I got off the industrial estate, I was used to it. Very good, especially in poor weather or in the dark. Also have an auto setting so that the whole ā€œmirrorā€ swaps to wide angle on a tight turn. Clever.

I have no idea if the transition from camera to conventional mirrors is as easy. But I imagine it would be fine. Not heard otherwise.

Camera truck benefit the instructor too, as they will see exactly what driver see regardless of angle etc

Camera truck benefit the instructor too, as they will see exactly what driver see regardless of angle etc

Very true.