Bank hol driving

Off to erfurt on monday for a delivery tues morn.Have had a look at your post dieseldave.Can’t quite get my head round it all.Was hoping to drive all the way to maybe just past koln and then park up.I take it this is’nt going to be possible or is it?.Cheers all.

No driving ban in Germany on Monday, it’s not a holiday out there. Their holiday is today with no driving from 00:00 - 22:00.

The public holiday is today (May 1st) here in Germany.

We always have the public holidays on the day they fall, irrespective of whether it is a weekend or not.

So today all the shops are shut and the vast majority of the population will saddle up their push bikes and peddle off into the woods to get horrendously drunk, which is a German tradition on May 1st.

Monday (May 3rd) is a normal working day in Germany, so you’re good to go all the way to Erfurt :wink:

I would suggest the Autohof at HAIGER on the A45 as a good spot to park up for the night if you can make it that far.

cheers for that guys.That’s good news.Just got to watch out for a lot of drunk german cyclists then :laughing: Might struggle to make it to the autohof.Only managed to get as far as reichshof last week before ran out of time.