Bangers and Cash

If you like old and classic cars watch this, just discovered it on Series 2 on the ‘Yesterday’ channel.
It follows a car auction and sales firm in Yorks, (Matthewsons) who go around collecting cars in various states of condition, and auction them.
Highlight so far for me were 2 MGB GTs ,.Limited Edition 75/77 models, delivery milage only, unregistered with the factory protective oil wax still on the bodywork, plastic on seats…in otherwords brand new :open_mouth: ,.and an MG Midget the same went for around 10k a piece think it was.
Also a 1979 Talbot Sunbeam Lotus, (only 5 left) literally dropping to bits, parked outside in a farm yard for 25 hrs, but the guy had a spare body shell…around 15 k it went for.
A must for fans of old cars, so check it out if interested.

yep, been watching it for a couple of years now, proper family run business. but i have to say my favourite model on there is the blonde gal who runs the office, something tells me she is a goer… :wink:

m.a.n rules:
yep, been watching it for a couple of years now, proper family run business. but i have to say my favourite model on there is the blonde gal who runs the office, something tells me she is a goer… :wink:

Funny that, I thought exactly the same, she’s just got ‘that look’ about her. :smiley:
Always been a mug for a tidy blonde, :blush: …my weakness. :laughing:

yep, my missus is only a semi blonde these days… i’ll let you work that one out for youself rob… :wink: :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
yep, my missus is only a semi blonde these days… i’ll let you work that one out for youself rob… :wink: :smiley:

I’m sure she’d love to know you’ve shared that with us. :laughing:

yes,love the Programme…and blondie …did you see the one when she was laid out in the back of a VW camper?..gagging for it! :laughing:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

I’m sure she’d love to know you’ve shared that with us. :laughing:

what she dont know wont hurt her, BUT lets keep this between us,… :wink: but now you’ve found the prog backtrak as there’s some great finds and charectors on it…

I’ve trashed the tv licence so UKTV player is now my got to source for tele.
But had seen those episodes previously.I like all the car build programmes especially the American ones like Fast and Loud.
What is certain is that values of anything with a 6 or 8 cylinder pushrod motor and a manual box are going silly.I’d really like an old 1960’s PB Vauxhall Cresta or go back to an old Mk2 Granada Estate at this point.But everyone and their dog seems to have the same idea with prices to match.

Watched the one yesterday with the Atki 150 Gardener,.and the F88 wrecker.
Guy who owned it 30 yrs ago bought it back…anybody see it?

Would like the chance of buying back a couple of cars I’ve owned in the past, maybe not the trucks, too many unhappy memories would come back. :smiley:

robroy:

Would like the chance of buying back a couple of cars I’ve owned in the past, maybe not the trucks, too many unhappy memories would come back. :smiley:

I’d seen that episode a while ago.Unlike many I’ve never got the hype regarding the F88.Too small cab, too small engine, and synchro box long after Fuller was available.
As for the Atki dumb and dumber. :laughing:

Carryfast:

robroy:

I’d seen that episode a while ago.Unlike many I’ve never got the hype regarding the F88.Too small cab, too small engine, and synchro box long after Fuller was available.

wouldn’t mind one of Haulfast’s old 2800’s to cruise around in! :sunglasses:

carryfast-yeti:

Carryfast:

wouldn’t mind one of Haulfast’s old 2800’s to cruise around in! :sunglasses:

FNH 958T Where is she now I wonder.Running over the Loughborough Hill in the sky maybe. :wink:

Carryfast:

robroy:

An 88 was always my dream motor when I first started as a keen wide eyed 21 yr old. :blush: my mate had one, I never did., but I later had both a F7 and a F10.

88s/89s just looked good on the road at that time I always thought…a real ‘Trucker’s truck’.

Got in one a couple of years ago at a show…■■■■ tiny :open_mouth: , not as I remember them at all.

robroy:
An 88 was always my dream motor when I first started as a keen wide eyed 21 yr old. :blush: my mate had one, I never did., but I later had both a F7 and a F10.

88s/89s just looked good on the road at that time I always thought…a real ‘Trucker’s truck’.

Got in one a couple of years ago at a show…[zb] tiny :open_mouth: , not as I remember them at all.

It’s all points of reference rob.

As you’ll see on the sleeper cab topic mine was full width SA 400 and Bedford TM sleepers being closest to the cab over Petes and KW’s that I idolised and what I regarded as proper commercial trucks in the day and I just went on with that idea.
The F88 never cut it in that company for me in terms of its road presecence and stature.Which isn’t surprising with this being my introduction to the world of trucks at the impressionable age of 16.
flickr.com/photos/infinity-a … 115973567/
That was then my view of normal.10 foot wide and more over mirrors and a cab bigger than a 7.5 tonner’s load space and everything else I was involved with or saw after that was varying levels of smaller.
Or just silly too small like day cab DAF 2300/2500, F7 and Scania 93. :wink: :laughing: