BANG

Seems that there were some very lucky people.

au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/2491535 … ll-unsafe/

new pants please :open_mouth:

the driver was lucky

We used to carry and store 100s of tons of ammonium nitrate when i work at Ackworth/Onward Transport it came from sweden by boat to Goole docks we used to empty the boat and take it to Ackworth , Selby ,Castleford , South Kirkby for storage.
It was called Anopril it was an I.C.I product tons and tons was stored near to houses as well but it was harmless till mixed with other products, we used to take it to quarrys all over UK no ADR as such it was good for the grass too. :smiley:

BIG AW

BIG AW:
We used to carry and store 100s of tons of ammonium nitrate when i work at Ackworth/Onward Transport it came from sweden by boat to Goole docks we used to empty the boat and take it to Ackworth , Selby ,Castleford , South Kirkby for storage.
It was called Anopril it was an I.C.I product tons and tons was stored near to houses as well but it was harmless till mixed with other products, we used to take it to quarrys all over UK no ADR as such it was good for the grass too. :smiley:

BIG AW

Yup moved tons of that stuff both to quarries and loads to the aerodromes for the MOD that’s why the grass looked so lush and green. For the quarries it would be mixed with derv piped in drilled holes along the quarry face primed and bang the sudden expansion fractures the rock.
We couldn’t stop O-Night on the road as it was known to be used by the IRA :open_mouth:

Wonder if he was on 7pound an hour delivering that kind eh cargo :laughing:

We carried it at sea many time and it was classed as a dangerous cargo, seem to recollect that no way should it come into contact with oil, loading it on the continent we had to rig fire hoses, no smoking and a lot of other palaver but here in the UK ? nothing apart from having to display a red flag in daylight or red light at night.

merc0447:
Wonder if he was on 7pound an hour delivering that kind eh cargo :laughing:

No, about $15 AUS or less If Stobbies ran the show :wink: